Author Topic: NA GC rear glass vs JDM GC rear glass  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
NA GC rear glass vs JDM GC rear glass
« on: July 30, 2018, 09:50:55 pm »
I was told today that the rear windshield that I have from a north american GC8 will not fit on my JDM GC8. Apparently there is a different curve to the glass.

I still believe that the glass that I have would fit because the chassis are identical.

Can anyome confirm or deny whether or not the glass will fit? Has anyone done this before?

Offline Flying_Finn

• Stubbly Faced
Re: NA GC rear glass vs JDM GC rear glass
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 01:55:05 pm »
Does your JDM have a rear wiper? The rear glass from a NA model would be missing the hole for that.

Otherwise that is definitely a misinformed statement - the curvature and dimensions of the glass are not different JDM vs NA.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 02:18:43 pm »
My car does not have a rear wiper. Neither does the glass that I have from the NA GC. They both look and feel identical. Even if there was a slight curvature difference, they should both fit the same because the chassis are identical. That's my thought process anyways.

Im scheduled at another shop tomorrow to get it installed. We'll see what they say. Fingers crossed.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 06:26:05 am »
I had a better look at the glass last night and things lined up quite nicely (almost as if the glass was OEM :sarcasm: ). I am still puzzled as to what my first glass shop was telling me. Curves all seem the exact same on both pieces of glass.

Glass was now just dropped off with a second shop. Install to come later this morning. We will see if the glass goes on or not. Will update later this afternoon! Doesn't seem like there's much information on this topic, so it looks like i'm the guinea pig in this sense.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 10:11:02 pm »
A little delayed, but my update is that yes, the glass is in fact the same as it is now installed on my vehicle.