Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Mitnek

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Electrical stuff is voodoo black magic to me
  • Ride: '11 OBP GR STi
Cyberpunk 2077
« on: August 28, 2018, 05:49:28 pm »
So I never got into the Deux Ex franchise, for whatever reason, but the CDPR (people who made Witcher) are coming out with a game that looks pretty awesome.  I've always been more of a story-guy myself (have Borderlands, never finished any of them), so this is probably right up my alley even if the gunplay doesn't end up being great.

If you like Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner, etc. check this out:

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
Re: Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 06:11:39 pm »
Sweet.  You should give Deus Ex a try though.  It's a great story and great gameplay.  If it comes up on sale on Steam or wherever, dooo it.

This game looks awesome too.
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

DaDuke99

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 06:35:46 pm »
Deus Ex was way too stiff of a game IMO. Controls were strange, dialogue was overly long and droning, voice acting was terrible. I stopped playing when I had to break into a police station and spend 6 minutes on each door trying to unlock it.

But anyways...
I watched a good part of the Cyberpunk gameplay, and it looked pretty neat. I don't think it would hold my attention very well though... it seemed like fallout with environmental damage and cars...  :-\ Obviously not post apocalyptic, but the fighting looked very similar.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 07:25:27 pm »
Deus Ex was way too stiff of a game IMO. Controls were strange, dialogue was overly long and droning, voice acting was terrible. I stopped playing when I had to break into a police station and spend 6 minutes on each door trying to unlock it.

I didn't ask for this.  Why didn't you instead, spend 6 minutes wiping out everyone on each floor? 

DaDuke99

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 07:39:06 pm »
I didn't ask for this.  Why didn't you instead, spend 6 minutes wiping out everyone on each floor?
;D
If you say the game is good, maybe I'll give it another shot. I'll have to remove Alien Swarm to make room, tho....

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 08:16:58 am »
Deus Ex is malleable in a way that you can play it without killing a single person, or not letting a single person live.

That being said, it's sat uninstalled in my steam library for years.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline OrcasNotOilers

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2006 Saab 9-2x 2.5i 5MT, 2008 Jeep Patriot North 5MT (For Sale), 2013 Acura MDX
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 02:57:20 pm »
Deus Ex was great. That being said, it didn't have the open-worldness that makes some of these games so good. There was a constrained linearity to it at times that kept it in the game realm and lost some sense of the immersive atmosphere, but overall I enjoyed it. Having the option to go full Duke Nukem when you got tired of going full Snake was also a plus, because I can only sneak for so long.

Cyberpunk? Yes please. I like that (so far) it seems that unlike Deus Ex, if you have 1/1 "Engineering" it just gets done, rather than forcing me to play a lame minigame that I'll screw up. At times, I didn't mind having to weasel my way through a conversation, but sometimes it just interrupts the flow of the game.

With all the flying cars in the opening sequences I better not be stuck on the ground the whole time.

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 07:51:06 am »
The original DX is still much better than HR (and MD is either on par or slightly better than DX:IW depending on how you look at it).

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 08:53:35 am »
Deus Ex was great. That being said, it didn't have the open-worldness that makes some of these games so good. There was a constrained linearity to it at times that kept it in the game realm and lost some sense of the immersive atmosphere, but overall I enjoyed it. Having the option to go full Duke Nukem when you got tired of going full Snake was also a plus, because I can only sneak for so long.

That is a great way to put it! 

That all said, Cyberpunk looks fantab.  I will probably never play it.