Author Topic: Exhaust options for a 2011 Impreza 2.5i? (Wrx exhaust on a 2.5i?)  (Read 1165 times)

Offline izzoblitzo

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: SWP 2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Sport
Exhaust options for a 2011 Impreza 2.5i? (Wrx exhaust on a 2.5i?)
« on: September 03, 2018, 11:24:02 pm »
Hey folks, I installed a Invidia q300 exhaust on my 2011 Impreza 2.5i (hatchback) a few years back. The exhaust was made for a WRX, so I experienced a lot of drone and the exhaust noise inside the cabin was a little unbearable sometimes. I put dynamat inside the trunk areas and it cut out maybe 50% of the loudness.

I’ve got a baby on the way and my wife has suggested we swap out the exhaust with something that wouldn’t be so loud. She wants me to go back to stock, but I was hoping to find something with a neat little sound but not quite as loud. I had heard that maybe a stock wrx exhaust would fit. Does anyone here happen to know if it would fit and if it’s crazy loud or not? I was thinking an aftermarket exhaust meant for a turbo car on a non turbo car would probably be loud. Maybe hoping that a stock exhaust from a turbo car on my car would be less loud but still is still louder than stock? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
Re: Exhaust options for a 2011 Impreza 2.5i? (Wrx exhaust on a 2.5i?)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 04:21:47 pm »
Exhaust drone is a great "white noise" thing to help babies sleep.

My daughter (now 4) always slept better in my Stromung-equipped LGT than she did in her mother's '14 FXT with stock exhaust.

I say keep your Q300.  ;)

They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline cheech00TS

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2011 WRB Impreza Ltd wagon
Re: Exhaust options for a 2011 Impreza 2.5i? (Wrx exhaust on a 2.5i?)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 08:48:51 pm »
I believe it does fit, but I haven't been able to verify personally. I was looking at doing the same thing (stock WRX catback on 2.5i) I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Post if you figure it out and give a review of what the sound is like compared to the Invidia and your old stocker. Congrats on the new addition to the family!
'06 2.5i Wagon: 60KM->sold
'01 Forester S: 217KM->sold
'10 2.5i Wagon: gone...
'07 WRX Wagon: 167,xxx really fun kms!
'11 2.5i Limited Wagon