Author Topic: Super Plans - Anyone use them?  (Read 521 times)

Offline coop3422

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 350ZR, 2008 Infiniti EX35
Super Plans - Anyone use them?
« on: December 12, 2018, 10:41:37 AM »
I know there's at least one person here who has, was wondering if there were any others? If so, were you happy with their service? They're charging $90, which I think is down from what they charged before.

I'm sure most here already know, but they add provincial promo plans to existing accounts. They currently have $56 for 10GB. I'm currently on Bell's $85 10GB promo with subsidy from last year. But once my term is up, my price will remain the same, whereas the Koodo plan would be $56.

Thoughts? It seems next year will be a good year for phones with the S10 and Pixel 4 seeing big upgrades, so not sure if getting a new device now is worth it. I'd likely be looking at a Pixel 3, although lately I've been considering an iPhone X to give iOS another try, since the last time I had one was an iPhone 4 back in 2011.

Online 10secdream

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Re: Super Plans - Anyone use them?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »
Shameless plug but I have an brand new in package Iphone X 256gb in space grey I am selling. Haven't even taken off the packaging and it will be eligible for applecare+
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline coop3422

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:34:00 AM »
Shameless plug but I have an brand new in package Iphone X 256gb in space grey I am selling. Haven't even taken off the packaging and it will be eligible for applecare+
I've been watching them on kijiji for the past few weeks, I assume the price will be more than I'm looking to pay. How much are you asking? Best deal I found was $675, but it sold it seems.

Online 10secdream

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 11:45:47 AM »
I've been watching them on kijiji for the past few weeks, I assume the price will be more than I'm looking to pay. How much are you asking? Best deal I found was $675, but it sold it seems.

I am asking 1000 obo.
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline coop3422

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 12:08:06 PM »
Figured it would be around that. Thanks.

Offline coop3422

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 10:02:10 PM »
Bumping this as I just got a new account with Koodo and picked up an iPhone X. I'm looking into these guys updating my plan, and also doing it myself as I'm kind of hesitant to give someone access to some of my personal info.

Any insight would be great.

Offline milkpumba

• Patchy Faced
  • Hakuna matata
  • Ride: 2017 ISM WRX
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 01:14:42 AM »
Bumping this as I just got a new account with Koodo and picked up an iPhone X. I'm looking into these guys updating my plan, and also doing it myself as I'm kind of hesitant to give someone access to some of my personal info.

Any insight would be great.

I used them a couple months back. I just made sure to change my account password and pin after the transaction was completed.
I occasionally stream games on Twitch

Offline coop3422

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 11:46:48 AM »
I used them a couple months back. I just made sure to change my account password and pin after the transaction was completed.
Thanks for the follow up.

I did some reading the other night and found out how the guys do it. I actually started the process already, but can't finish the process until my next billing cycle which is Jan 10th. I'll have saved myself $90 and not give anyone access to my info if it works, which there's no reason it shouldn't.

I'll keep everyone posted as if it works, others may be interested as well. Nothing wrong with $56 for 10GB!

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 12:40:21 PM »
Are you talking about cellphoneman and similar? It's been a known workout for ages, and RFD has talked about it several times. I'm pretty sure several Edmonton members have done it themselves.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline coop3422

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 02:07:09 PM »
Are you talking about cellphoneman and similar? It's been a known workout for ages, and RFD has talked about it several times. I'm pretty sure several Edmonton members have done it themselves.
Yeah those guys, seem to be a few of them on Kijiji. I just hadn't looked into it until the other day and found an active thread on Howard Forums in it. Used to post on that site all the time but hadn't in forever.