Author Topic: Fog lights not working/ getting power  (Read 438 times)

Offline Umbriss

• Baby Faced
Fog lights not working/ getting power
« on: August 06, 2019, 01:25:53 am »
So I'm having an issue with my fog lights on my 2005 Saab 9-2X (WRX wagon). They are OEM and were working not too long before I picked up the car. When I press the switch, I do not hear the relay click and the light on the switch itself doesn't light up. The light on the dash does come on though.

I have checked the fuse (#7 I think is was) and it was fine. I tried swapping it out with a fresh one too. The relay I tested and it's working fine and tried another relay as well. These are fine and do not seem to be the problem.

I tested the bulbs themselves and they both light up fine and still work. The grounds in the bulb connectors are fine as well and it does not seem to be a grounding problem.

It seems that the relay isn't getting power or sending power to the bulbs and I'm not sure what else I can check or do. If anyone has some insight or has run into this problem before, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
Re: Fog lights not working/ getting power
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 08:02:36 am »
Only thing I can think of is the fogs only work when the headlights are on. So the turn signal/combination stalk is part of that circuit. I'd grab the wiring diagram and confirm that's all kosher as well.

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline Umbriss

• Baby Faced
Re: Fog lights not working/ getting power
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 03:06:08 pm »
It doesn't seem to be anything in there and all the other lights are working fine. I've also made sure that the high beams are off. Still no fogs.