Author Topic: Zaider's V7 RSTI Project - COMPLETE  (Read 262388 times)

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
Re: Zaider's 2.5RS Project
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 09:15:41 am »
Update:

Installed my front strut tower bar and rear sway bar over the weekend. I am now addicted to suspension mods... even just with going up to the 17mm rear sway, the car feels completely different and so much better into a turn at speed. Not sure if the front strut bar is doing anything for me, but i like the look of it. As for the rear sway bar, the install was kind of a itchbay because i reused the bushing from my 13mm and getting the bracket closed around it was ridiculously hard.

Also dropped my front bumper so i could replace the foglight mounting brackets. It was not as easy as i had thought. The bumper is only held on my clips, but some of those haven't been undone since the car was built, so there is so much dirt in them that I needed to reach around the wheel well and bang them out with a screwdriver. After that, the install was really easy and it was easy to get the bumper back on and everything flush.

Also disabled my daytime running lights and will be doing the foglight mod so i can have my fogs on regardless of headlights.

Big thanks to Texasnick for all his help.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline m_m_rs

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 10:12:29 am »
Also disabled my daytime running lights and will be doing the foglight mod so i can have my fogs on regardless of headlights.

Very interested in this...going to search it on nasioc but any help would be great.  Is there a lot or re-wiring to do or is it a pretty simple mod?  Thanks

Btw - nice work with the car...looks great

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 11:17:20 am »
Check my initial post in this thread for the links to how to do them.

also:

hey guys we did kinda 2 different mods to get Grants to work all the time.  here is the first one.
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3453&d=1108401321
And the second one we grounded a wire on the switch.   It is pin number 5 and it was a blue and yellow wire,  We just cut it and grounded it from the switch. 
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 01:13:33 pm »

Did this last night... removed the stickers that i had polished over (and caused to fade to a light pink) and replaced them with these...

The originals were higher up and on the quarter panel in front of the door (just on the fender flare). I decided to try to put these in the spot that the STI stickers go. Just changing it up.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 02:35:51 pm »
Picked up a hood from Subaru of Calgary (Thanks Hans!) last night. Its got a bit of damage and ill be looking for the best way to get it fixed and then painted. Will also be getting TWRC's hood scoop which will also be getting paint matched to my car.

It looks like it was dropped in the box. It buckled a tiny bit and the ends (near the windshield) are folded over. Thoughts on getting it fixed?

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 02:37:15 pm »
Picked up a hood from Subaru of Calgary (Thanks Hans!) last night. Its got a bit of damage and ill be looking for the best way to get it fixed and then painted. Will also be getting TWRC's hood scoop which will also be getting paint matched to my car.

It looks like it was dropped in the box. It buckled a tiny bit and the ends (near the windshield) are folded over. Thoughts on getting it fixed?

Throw yourself on the mercy of a Paintless Dent Removal guy?

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 02:38:02 pm »
im not worried about paintless cause its not painted... just primered.

gonna need to get it painted anyway.

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 02:46:52 pm »
Yea, I'm just saying they're the ones who will know how to "massage" it back into shape... if it's even possible.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 02:52:21 pm »
I used a PDR guy on my car, TomCoPDR from beyond. Wicked awesome guy to deal with.. Extremely accommodating. Just a very very busy guy. You couldn't even tell there were dents on my car. I would say send him a message if you have a chance, and he'll give you the best idea.. He'll also suggest that you visit other PDR guys, just as a comparison.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 02:57:41 pm »
Yea, I'm just saying they're the ones who will know how to "massage" it back into shape... if it's even possible.

I used a PDR guy on my car, TomCoPDR from beyond. Wicked awesome guy to deal with.. Extremely accommodating. Just a very very busy guy. You couldn't even tell there were dents on my car. I would say send him a message if you have a chance, and he'll give you the best idea.. He'll also suggest that you visit other PDR guys, just as a comparison.

Thanks guys. Ill check into the PDR guys.

Offline GlennC

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 10:32:04 pm »
Ive heard a lot of good of tomco - and some of his work is unreal.

Fully folded in truck roof brought back to life!
Mr. Installer

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 12:28:40 pm »
I got an email back... he says since its aluminum, he would recommend going to a body-shop... anyone know someone cheap?

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 01:11:16 pm »
Summer wheels are on!!!

I was thinking about powdercoating them gold... but.... now that they're on.... i really like the black...

comments are appreciated

Sean

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 01:12:16 pm »
uckfay you car looks good.

dunno why i ever didn't like the black.

Offline GlennC

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 01:14:54 pm »
Summer wheels are on!!!

I was thinking about powdercoating them gold... but.... now that they're on.... i really like the black...

comments are appreciated

Pimpin man.

Welcome to the summer rim club :D
Mr. Installer

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 01:19:07 pm »
thanks guys! man, i just cant stop staring at her out the window... im gonna go drive her.

Offline Perfect Dark

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Wagoon!
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 02:14:48 pm »
Lookin good Z!  I may be joining your all black club soon...

Offline Craig D

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Impreza 2.5RS
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 02:50:22 pm »
That looks amazing. I love the all black look. So badass.

Offline Sypher

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 15' STi CWP
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 07:44:13 am »
I told ya the all black look would look amazing on your car ;)

Looking good man!

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 10:29:37 pm »
Went out and shot some pictures tonight.

My favs:

Offline bejamin

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2009 Forester, 2002 Outback Wagon
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 10:54:50 pm »
Sweet looking bug dude. Wheels look awesome!

I talked to a bodyshop and they didn't want anything to do with my aluminum hood. They said they can never make it look right again.
"It's a rally car. And we were bored with chess"

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2009, 10:48:37 am »
Yeah, i've heard they're kinda a itchbay to work on... ill see what happens with the hood i've got.

Offline GlennC

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2009, 10:59:08 pm »
Find anything in silver springs??
Mr. Installer

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2009, 08:11:13 am »
naw, drove around a bit but couldn't find much and the light was fading. So i went to the train tracks near the North Soccer Centre and then over to COP

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2009, 03:53:12 pm »
New Parts that Im getting:

04 STI Springs - Will need 04+ Rear Tophats
OBX EL Header

Potentially getting the Maddad Ultra Oil Temp Gauge as well.