Author Topic: Betty rides again!  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Spyderman

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2003 Wrx wagon
Betty rides again!
« on: March 16, 2016, 04:03:16 pm »
I'm happy to have acquired a 2003 WRX wagon from a used car lot. I bought her with vandalism scratched on every panel including FU*K by the gas cap. I was surprised test driving her at the lot. She pulled nicely and cornered like my old 911. Looking under the hood I found an Ej25 on the longblock and had to purchase her despite the vandalism.

She still has the WRC decal on the side rear glass. I had to check out this site... I did a quick search and found this forum!
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=6404.0
Turns out this sweet ride was previously owned/loved by jackal, a member here at WSC. Very unique upgrades verified that this was the same car but the installation of the EJ25 still remains a mystery.

If and when I acquire some more funds I wanted to make a FF818 after I use her for a family sedan... So far the only thing I did is SRT rims (just because I had a set with winter rubber laying around) and a batman decal.

Special thanks to RedBimmer93 for showing me how to properly use this forum and jackal, the original tuner of Betty. 

Offline RedBimmer93

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Legacy Spec B, and Two Mopar gas guzzlers
Re: Betty rides again!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:17:04 pm »
Betty looks sharp! Congratulations on picking up a piece of WSC history! :)

Can't wait so see what you do with this car. The SRT rims look way better than expected! :O

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 09:40:51 am »
I can't believe how pretty this wagon still is.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 09:43:53 am »
I know right?  Where's there rusty fenders?  Why is there rust on the fenders?!
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 11:41:13 am »
I know right?  Where's there rusty fenders?  Why is there rust on the fenders?!

Because for years she had fastidious attention paid to her.  Make no mistake,  she was winter driven,  but washed every few days and waxed every time.

I'm so happy to see her back on the forum.  I can't lie,  I have gone looking for her on many occasions.  I love knowing she's found a good home here on this forum.  I hope that seeing what I did with her helps in some way with the new direction of this project.  I can't lie...  I miss her.

Take care of her Spyderman. Hope to see her again at one of the meets,  and even more so on the track.

Duane