Author Topic: Looking to purchase mudflaps to withsand winters  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Stage2

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • http://www.stage2clothing.ca/
Looking to purchase mudflaps to withsand winters
« on: March 05, 2010, 03:23:54 pm »
Just a general question for you guys I'm looking to purchase mudflaps pretty soon and wanted to know which ones you guys carry that will withstand high freezing temp?  My car is currently parked outside in the winter (that might change if I come back to edmonton) but wanted to know if the UR mud flaps would be ideal?  Thanks
Anthony Nagendraraj
Stage 2 Clothing
Tel: (306)999-2655
www.stage2clothing.ca

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
Re: Looking to purchase mudflaps to withsand winters
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 03:44:20 pm »
I've never had an issue in -40* degrees with my UR's. They still were flexible down at that temp. The classics got hard as rock though.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline mudferret

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: MMVI WRX
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 05:34:09 pm »
I'm very happy with my UR's.  They are flexible in the cold like mentioned above.  The flexibility does allow slush getting thrown at them to bend them back and allow a small amount of slush to accumulate on your car however.  Not nearly as bad as before.

Offline Stage2

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 06:56:09 pm »
Thanks guys so long as it can withstand some extreme temps thats great I'll probably be picking up the UR's from RA's website.
Anthony Nagendraraj
Stage 2 Clothing
www.stage2clothing.ca

Sean

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 07:52:16 pm »
+1 for the URs. I have had mine thru 2 winters, through deep snow on the lake and down the highway at minus 40. Even backed over a snow lump and pinched and ripped one mounting hole bigger and it's still there a year later lol.

Offline Stage2

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 12:37:41 pm »
Nice do you guys see a difference with the Mudflaps and without?  Like the accumilating of mud/dirt on the side of the vehicle?
Anthony Nagendraraj
Stage 2 Clothing
www.stage2clothing.ca

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 07:38:27 pm »
Definitely.

It keeps the rocks off the paint. You can see the area of coverage when you look at a dirty subaru... The RA flaps are quite big and work very well.
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Sean

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 08:50:46 pm »
Definitely.

It keeps the rocks off the paint. You can see the area of coverage when you look at a dirty subaru... The RA flaps are quite big and work very well.

Yes all of this.

Offline Fast Toys

• Vendor
  • Patchy Faced
    • Fast Toys Performance
  • Ride: 2007 STi
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 11:37:39 pm »
Definitely get the UR Flaps. I ran them on my personal STi all winter and they kept the car cleaner, prevented rock chips and still look like new even after a harsh Manitoba winter.

Fast Toys Performance
www.fasttoys.ca
Toll Free Phone # 877-955-4896
Join our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/fasttoysperformance

Offline saar

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2010 WRB STI
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 11:51:53 pm »
The only knocks I can really offer about the URs is that the plastic washers they ship with them will break and fall off if you spend any time on gravel. Also, the lettering on the flaps will also disappear fairly quickly.

Outside of that, the flaps fit well and the material withstands everything you can throw at it.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 12:39:32 am »
The only knocks I can really offer about the URs is that the plastic washers they ship with them will break and fall off if you spend any time on gravel. Also, the lettering on the flaps will also disappear fairly quickly.

Outside of that, the flaps fit well and the material withstands everything you can throw at it.

agreed. i've been thinking about swapping out to stainless steel washers.

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 07:51:57 am »
agreed. i've been thinking about swapping out to stainless steel washers.

I've done this "mod" - pick up a bunch of fat washers with an inner diameter as the screws from Princess Auto for like 5c each.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline saar

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2010 WRB STI
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 08:12:53 am »
I've got a small box of metal washers in the glove box as well, I just replace the plastic ones as they disappear.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Offline seahaul

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 07:26:11 pm »

Just being picky but try to order them without lettering, it looks like crap after a while! They might as well be Canadian Tire specials.