Author Topic: Skateboarding Thread  (Read 6392 times)

Offline wingless

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • testing, testing, 1,2,3...!
    • Shane
  • Ride: 2018 WRB STi and 2000 JDM Forester STi
Re: Skateboarding Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 11:08:32 pm »
I'll try... but 8:00 is pushing it... If I can it'll be closer to 9:00... I'll be the one in the awesome car with his son. ;)

FS: 2014 BMW 320i x-drive 2.0 turbo awd. PM for details

Offline TWRC

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2005 GRP Subaru Legacy GT LTD 5MT Wagon, Giant Anthem X2, Giant Simple Single
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 12:31:36 am »
Mullen is the skateboarding god as far as I'm concerned.  I used to skate once upon a time as well, now I'm too old for that, plus I mountain bike now mostly.  Mullen has been my favorite since the original Plan B.  He doesn't get nearly enough credit for his accomplishments.

I still have that Plan B Questionable video on VHS!  I love it and believe that the early 90's era of skateboarding were the golden years of skateboarding.  Powell Peralta / Bones Brigade paved the way for the likes of Danny Way, Mike Carrol, Jeremy Klein, Colin McKay, Jason Lee etc.  During the early 90's the bar was raised because technical skating grew exponentially.  As sketchy as it all looks now, at the time it was so groundbreaking seeing what could be done on a skateboard.  The skateboarders around today are a lot of fun to watch too, they're so much smoother and fluid looking but definitely not as aggressive and fast as the skaters before them. 

Offline dekay

• Patchy Faced
  • 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, Cosworth EJ257
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2009, 12:34:25 am »
I'll try... but 8:00 is pushing it... If I can it'll be closer to 9:00... I'll be the one in the awesome car with his son. ;)

You are coming in my car?

Stedenko

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 08:35:30 pm »
A few of us old farts hit Millennium Park this morning. It was cool to meet Wingless and dekay. We had fun. I have a pretty sweet purple bruise on my hip from falling in the tub as a parting gift.

Offline wingless

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • testing, testing, 1,2,3...!
    • Shane
  • Ride: 2018 WRB STi and 2000 JDM Forester STi
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 03:23:48 pm »
Heading to millenium park now.

FS: 2014 BMW 320i x-drive 2.0 turbo awd. PM for details

Sean

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 04:44:02 pm »
Aw, too far. :(

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 09:34:43 pm »
its funny, i used to be quite good at skating, quit after highschool and picked it up again like 5 yrs later. After 2-3 weeks on the board again, I was back to almost where I was when i quit (minus wanting to blast big stairs and gaps LOL). I was in the parking lot at work just fooling around playing "poser" with a couple of guys and I did a decomply, landed on the board wrong and went to the ground like a sack of potatoes and broke my wrist. talk about red face! I had skated for 6 yrs before I quit and had never broke anything more then a finger or 2 and to actually break my wrist was a big reality check. It screwed up my job, driving sucked(std car) and physiotherapy sucks. I still love skateboarding with a passion, but I don't know if I could bring myself to get back on a board again, even though I have a decent complete collecting dust in the back of my closet.

8)
Official Anti-Purist

Sean

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 10:22:02 pm »
I was just out bombing the trails at heritage ranch in red deer, if anyone knows that. The one hill is crazy no wonder people die on it.

Offline TWRC

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2005 GRP Subaru Legacy GT LTD 5MT Wagon, Giant Anthem X2, Giant Simple Single
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 08:17:09 am »

Just found this video of Rodney, WOW!  The ending is the same as the first video, but the intro is amazing.  You get to see his feet at work.

I also got around to watching Hot Rod with Andy Samberg and did anyone notice the Bones Brigade and "Have you Seen Him?" shirts in the movie?  :D

Offline mungo

• Patchy Faced
    • My Page
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 04:06:04 pm »
yeah mullen is god! I just sold my 2 completes in august to some young kids who were just starting out, i still have my original trucks from 8 years ago and wheels too.
PM if u need body work of any sort, painting, parts from subaru, honda, hyundai..etc or toyota cheaper.

http://mungowrx.mybrute.com