Author Topic: Cross Canada trip  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Mase-19

• Beards Comin in Nice
Cross Canada trip
« on: June 07, 2009, 11:03:47 pm »
I am in the process of planning a cross canada trip ( calgary to sackville newbrunswick) We will be going through Regina, Winnipeg, Wawa, Sault Ste.Marie, Ottawa, Quebec City then to sackville on the way out. We have plans to visit family in regina, winnipeg, and toronto. Staying a night in wawa, and doing the tourist thing in Ottawa and Quebec city. On the way home will will be going to Montreal, Toronto, Duluth and then to Regina. So for the short of it on the way out we are going through northern ontario and on the way back we will go through the US. What I am looking for is tips on places to stay and things to do in Ottawa , Quebec city, and Montreal. Our plan is to do this trip in 23 days, Leaving the 31st of july. This trip is an opportunity that may not come around again so I want to make the most of it. If anyone has any tips for doing this trip let me hear it. And for those of you wondering, I will be taking the Subaru and sporting WSC Sticker!  23 days, 10000kms +  = Cross Canada trip!

06 WRX Wagon. STG 2. Invidia catless dp, maddad axle back, K&N filter, kartboy short throw shifter, 5000k HID, hella supertones, rally armour flaps

Offline pistachoo

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Messing with kids' minds since 2001
  • Ride: '06 STi
Re: Cross Canada trip
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 11:31:58 pm »
Last time I did a cross-Canada road trip was in 1995 - my mom, us 2 kids, and our 2 dogs, piled in a '72 VW camper driving from Vancouver to PEI - and back again! So my information from that trip might be a little out of date...

However, I've just returned from a 9-day cultural exchange with 55 grade 6 kids (and 5 other colleagues) to Montreal. The kids were billeted in host families, but we teachers stayed in a fabulous place right in the heart of Old Montreal.

http://www.loftsduvieuxport.com and www.aubergeduvieuxport.com

For what it is, it seemed amazingly cheap (granted, off-season, and for 9 days, so probably we got a good deal on the rates, but still) - worth checking out!
'Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'
~ Calvin ~

Offline simplyRed

• Patchy Faced
    • Centaur Subaru
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 08:18:25 am »
I did a cross country from Tampa Florida to Portland Oregon last year. So fun! Post pics of you ride across the country.

"If in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
(1968 –

Offline darkrid3r

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 08:24:24 am »
I did this in 2001, its a good trip, but i did it in 3 days to Chicago.
Then came back via the I90

Yellowstone was the best part. Niagara also good.

Offline Mase-19

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:24:35 am »
I will definately be posting pictures. We also plan on doing a daily blog on the net.

06 WRX Wagon. STG 2. Invidia catless dp, maddad axle back, K&N filter, kartboy short throw shifter, 5000k HID, hella supertones, rally armour flaps

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 09:20:58 pm »
have fun, drive safe  8)
Official Anti-Purist

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Chev // 18’ X1
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 10:41:45 pm »
A cross Canada trip is pointless without going through BC. Canada starts in BC, ends in Alberta, then starts and ends again in Ontario. The rest you kinda sleep through.

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 05:38:45 pm »
come on, you can always stop at Corner Gas in dog river sask... LOL
Official Anti-Purist

Offline Rd5

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 05:37:24 pm »
Awesome!

I'm sorry, I cannot provide you with any data that'll help your trip but I can tell you that is one of the trips I want to do as well...BC to NB and then south along the esatern states to Florida, then West, going through the Dragon's Tail and another bunch of US National Parks...

Have a great trip! Stay safe!

Offline Jammindub

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 07:23:30 pm »
I did a similar trip last year, ended up being 9,000 km and a ton of great stories and pics.  

My advice is to stay a night in thunder bay and walk the marina or sleeping giant.  Amazing.
woot