Author Topic: Any other Moto GP fans out there?  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
Any other Moto GP fans out there?
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:22:51 pm »
I just started watching last year, this year is frigging awsome with bridgestone only tires. the racing has been very exciting, lots of battles, and not just a stoner/rossi battle like last year.
Official Anti-Purist

Offline kevie88

• Stubbly Faced
Re: Any other Moto GP fans out there?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:31:11 pm »
Yep, it's been great.

But World Superbikes have been AWESOME this year! And World Supersport has been absolutely crazy. If you can find a torrent for WSS download those races now. Insane!

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:48:05 pm »
i was trying to find those races, but no luck. was a good torrent source for superbike and supersport?
Official Anti-Purist

JasonrMorrow

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 10:28:29 pm »
I was in Utah this year for the WSB and WSS races at Miller Motorsports Park. Wow, first race i've been to. The whole weekend was great. Super pole was interesting, Biaggi crashed during qualifying and had 6 mins left in the session, he jumped in the "photographer shuttle" van and some senior raced him around the outside of the track to get on his back up bike and just miss getting in a qualifying lap by about 20 secs.

The atmosphere was amazing with all the Americans pushing for Ben Spies.

But I agree the WSS race was insane, Sofoglu was 5th with about 6 laps to go, started working his way to the front and with 1 lap to go he was 3rd,
on the final lap he made 2 passes and finished first.

There are times at the races to do pit walks, and the WSS pits are always open, some crazy engineering in those bikes. The Aprilia's are gorgeous and
so are the Ducati's.

I just watched the taped formula 1 race from Turkey...meh boring. I like sprint racing much better. No stopping strategies and crap.

SO i guess thats a long answer but yes...i'm a bike racing fan.

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 05:36:51 pm »
i definitely have to check it out for sure.  8)

any you guys going to the Parts canada Superbike race at race city the weekend of june 25-28?

I went last year, i think it was like $20 to get in, it was pretty cool. I am going for sure this year.
Official Anti-Purist

Offline gamman

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 06:16:59 pm »
i definitely have to check it out for sure.  8)

any you guys going to the Parts canada Superbike race at race city the weekend of june 25-28?

I went last year, i think it was like $20 to get in, it was pretty cool. I am going for sure this year.
I used to watch motogp, until they dropped 2 strokes.
F1 is a parade, and boring, but they are going the right direction this year. Amazing a non-cad design is beating all the big teams.
Friend used to race Canadian SB. Great racing series. Those guys love racing, as its not for the $, that is for sure. Long travel, little pay. Some could really drink....