Poll

Is snackers a douche?

Yes
No

Author Topic: WSC Super Summer Meet - Postponed  (Read 30674 times)

Sean

Re: WSC Super Summer Meet - Postponed
« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2009, 07:58:59 AM »
40 days, 14 pages - and still no decision.

I think if you're gonna start a big meet thread, someone (maybe the OP) should take a little initiative.

This is ridiculous LOL

Offline SOOBAROO

• Patchy Faced
  • Don't call me Bud, Bud!
« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2009, 08:02:27 AM »
^^ AGREED  ???

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: TL SHHHHAWD // 18’ X1
« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2009, 09:15:20 AM »
40 days, 14 pages - and still no decision.

I think if you're gonna start a big meet thread, someone (maybe the OP) should take a little initiative.

This is ridiculous LOL

I only started this thread because there wasn't anyone else who wanted to. Problem with this meet is, I didn't really get the feeling that anyone really cared. Everyone was pretty much split on the location and dates, so you'd have half the people should up with another percentage who would backout the last minute. Plus most of the senior members are either busy with vacation, work, autocross, etc. Also, you can't setup an Alberta-wide meet without a decent host like lightspeed or VEX and make it a multi-day event. Honestly, would anyone really drive 3-5 hours just to stand around in SL?

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2009, 09:23:01 AM »
Honestly, would anyone really drive 1 hour just to stand around in SL?

ficksed.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2009, 09:29:36 AM »
Do you guys need a leader who's planned successful meets, has an awesome personality and enjoys a challenge?

ZEV IS YOUR GUY! Hahaha sucker.

WTF? :P

Glenn, didn't you do that last meet in Red Deer?

Snackers and I worked on that one in Edmonton last year.

Listen, about all the indecisiveness, a large meet needs someone who just makes the decision and then sticks with it. Fact is, if given more than a few weeks notice, a lot of members will make the trip. Why? Because a) We love driving our cars, and b) with enough notice, you can plan around the meet if you're interested in going. Waiting around for everyone to agree is pointless because everyone is going to be busy at different times. Pick a date that's still a ways away and those who can make it, will. You'll get some people who complain that they can't make it, but that's always going to be the case.

Pick a date. Pick a location. If you really want to put it to a vote. Max 2 choices. Given too many choices, the vote gets too split up. Its like Canadian politics.

Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline THE EDJ

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
  • Ride: Explorer
« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »
Big events usually work better when the participants don't get a choice in when/where/etc.  The organizer picks a day, location, time.  If people want to come, they will be there, even if it means making sacrifices.

That's how big sporting events, concerts, festivals, etc. work.  If the event is important enough to me, I will be there regardless of when, where, or what time it is.

Maybe the WSC super meet doesn't compare the Stanley Cup finals or a big show at the Saddledome, but I'm willing to bet that there are more than a few people here who are willing to do what they need to do to be there!

My 0.02
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2009, 10:11:30 AM »
Before we get more crazy posts of "lets go here" "no lets go there" "no, I want ice cream", I'll post this.

I'm working on something. I have no idea what yet. I will post sometime today with further details.
And yes, I will be my usual jerk self, and post details with few or no options.
You can make it, or you can't.
Deal.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2009, 10:25:18 AM »
Whoah whoah whoah... I didn't realize that ice cream was an option....

I want ice cream.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Sean

« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »
Before we get more crazy posts of "lets go here" "no lets go there" "no, I want ice cream", I'll post this.

I'm working on something. I have no idea what yet. I will post sometime today with further details.
And yes, I will be my usual jerk self, and post details with few or no options.
You can make it, or you can't.
Deal.

Thank you. (August 30 please ;) LOL) But seriously, thanks Cam.

Whoah whoah whoah... I didn't realize that ice cream was an option....

I want ice cream.

I second this!

Offline pistachoo

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Messing with kids' minds since 2001
  • Ride: '06 STi
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2009, 11:41:36 AM »
Locked because 14 pages is just ridiculous.

Stay tuned for snackers' I-have-no-idea-what-yet-but-something supermeet thread, coming soon to a screen near you.
'Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'
~ Calvin ~