Author Topic: NHL Free Agents  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Prelude

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Black WRX Sedan "B-Rex"
NHL Free Agents
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:53:00 pm »
hey guys,

NHL free agents frenzy started today.

As a casual supporter of the Oilers, I am a little pissed at Heatly. i thought everything was going to be even, Flames get Jay, and we get Dany but apparently we live in a itshay city where Dany can't drive is Ferrari. right now i hope he sits on his assay and rots. i hate people who ask for trades. you signed a contract. the Sens own your assay. when this CBA is up i would want to see the destruction of the no-trade clause. it has caused nothing but problems.

Offline BlackArcher101

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '03 WRX, '16 Outback
Re: NHL Free Agents
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 12:14:58 am »
It's been a great couple of days for Flames fans.  Couldn't be happier with the way things worked out.   ;D

Offline KJ1225

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:19:09 am »
Sad to see JBo signing in Calgary... that defense is scary...at least for next season anyways.

As for Heatley... what an indecisive oucheday bag. As an Oiler fan I absolutely don't want him on this team. Make a pitch for Kotalik to stay and pursue Gangne in Philly.

Offline B-Coo

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 02:07:25 am »
Atta boy Heater. Pretty obvious what's going on when all the Edmonton boys sign in Calgary, but when one Calgarian gets offered Edmonton... F that. He knows he'd still rather get boo'd at every homegame next year in Ottawa than play for the Oilers. :) and who could blame him?
Not to mention you'll probably forget all about it when he lights it up for Canada in Vancouver.
Maybe just upset you couldn't dump Penner??

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 08:14:21 am »
Pretty stoked that Vancouver got the Sedins back. IMO they're underrated. Nobody can match them in terms of passing to each other and they make whomever their linemate is, have a career year. Plus, two players that rack up 160pts a season? Now just gotta get Luongo a contract extension, get a puck-moving defenseman and a top-6 forward and we're good to go again. I'd like them to bring up hodgeson a bit this year, but it might be too early.. if we dont have to, i'd wait until next season.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline bigdl

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 09 2.5i Hatch RIP
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 10:15:14 am »
I don't like the Oilers but I hope that Heatley life is made miserable.  You asked for a fracking trade while announcing it to the world....Fine here is a trade to Edmonton suck it up and get your low life assay over there.  You are being paid millions, suck it up princess and stop your whining.  You made it hard enough for your GM to move you when you announced your feelings.

It should have been that the moment he made public that he wanted to be traded that his no trade clause becomes voided.  I hope Ottawa's GM and Coach makes his life miserable.

Offline Prelude

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Black WRX Sedan "B-Rex"
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 12:32:01 pm »
Atta boy Heater. Pretty obvious what's going on when all the Edmonton boys sign in Calgary, but when one Calgarian gets offered Edmonton... F that. He knows he'd still rather get boo'd at every homegame next year in Ottawa than play for the Oilers. :) and who could blame him?
Not to mention you'll probably forget all about it when he lights it up for Canada in Vancouver.

Yeah i wish we could dump Penner was a waste of money that was. our team has no damn direction. i don't even think the GM know what's going on. maybe we can trade Kevin Lowe too, because he is an idiot.

Offline BlackArcher101

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '03 WRX, '16 Outback
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 12:38:09 pm »
Although, if I was heatly and the trade with Edmonton was made public based on my decision, I'd be a bit pissed.  I'd feel like I was being pressured into accepting it. 

IMO, it should have never been announced in the first place until Heatly actually approved it. 

Offline saar

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2010 WRB STI
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 05:41:20 pm »
The roads in Edmonton are dangerous enough without Heatly, really.

I do wish the Oilers management kept their mouths shut about it until it was official though. The team and the city are starting to have PR problems because of all the failed trades and high profile guys refusing to sign here. Pretty ridiculous -- what better place to play than Edmonton? You're a rock star, the fans really know hockey, great city, good pay (thanks Katz!) and a solid hockey history to build upon.

Maybe they'll get Smytty back or something.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Offline silent

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: A3
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 06:12:13 pm »
Sigh, so much stupidity.  Where do I start?
Atta boy Heater. Pretty obvious what's going on when all the Edmonton boys sign in Calgary, but when one Calgarian gets offered Edmonton... F that.
Are you retarded?  Heatley's agent used the Oilers as a bargaining tool, nothing else.  There was a very short list of teams Heatley would accept a trade to and Heatley's agent told both Murray and Tambellini that Edmonton is on that list.  What he failed to tell them was that Edmonton's offer was just going to be used for leverage to get Heatley shipped off elsewhere.

He knows he'd still rather get boo'd at every homegame next year in Ottawa than play for the Oilers. :)
Actually, he doesn't want to be in either city.  He didn't choose Ottawa over Edmonton, he chose to sit on Edmonton's offer and wait to see if another one came along.  He never said 'no' he said 'not right now.'
and who could blame him?
Nobody, but there sure can be a lot of blame laid on his agent.

I happen to like Penner and think he'll be able to perform with a good coach.

Yeah i wish we could dump Penner was a waste of money that was. our team has no damn direction. i don't even think the GM know what's going on.
Team has no direction?  Tambellini seems to have a pretty clear plan with the hiring of his new coaching staff and the filling of holes in the lineup.  Wait until October 10 to judge the team's direction.  The GM is Tambellini, give him time to put his stamp on the team.  He has only had a few months to work his magic.
maybe we can trade Kevin Lowe too, because he is an idiot.
You can't trade staff, you can only fire them.  Kevin Lowe is also sitting in a cushy position with a fancy title but actually does very little for the team.  The owner rewarded Lowe's loyalty by giving him a title and a bunch of money and having him do very little work.

I do wish the Oilers management kept their mouths shut about it until it was official though.
Jason Gregor from the Team 1260 leaked the trade.  He is not employed by the Oilers.  Once he reported the trade, the Score and Sportsnet also reported it.  Dan Tencer on 630 CHED (employed by the Oilers) was cautious with his words and not once did he say the trade was complete.

Offline Pee_Sack

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 07:08:01 pm »
Well said Silent^^  And I 100% agree with the Penner comment, I've always liked MacT and am sad to see him go but the team does need new direction and needed a new coach.  I am hoping that Penner will step up with a coach that is great with *young* players.

Yeah i wish we could dump Penner was a waste of money that was. our team has no damn direction. i don't even think the GM know what's going on. maybe we can trade Kevin Lowe too, because he is an idiot.

...I sure hope I am not reading this right, Kevin Lowe isn't the GM he is the president, and like Silent said, it is more of a desk job with a paycheck then anything.

Offline B-Coo

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 09:52:26 pm »
Wow silent, calm down. Just a little sarcasm to rub into Oilers fans wounds. Clearly it worked.
Who cares about all the politcs involved. And who knows whos screwing who. I could care less. Just an observation.
At least if you keep Boulin healthy you could probably steal 6 wins off the Flames this season. Not looking forward to that

Offline KJ1225

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 10:01:44 pm »
    Heatley looks like a a whiny little child right now, he closed a lot of doors to other teams by asking a trade publicly instead of speaking to Murray behind closed doors.

itshay is back-firing on Heatley's ploy to use Edmonton as a bargaining chip... after this fiasco over the past few days I don't think any GM in the league would take on Heatley and the baggage he carries with him.

He wanted to make millions in anonymity by going "west" by "west" he means California... well the teams that can give him what he wants either don't need him or can't afford his 7.5m cap hit.

I want his on ice performance but I have a feeling he'll bring more bad than good to this team... I say take the offer off the table and look for other trade partners if we really do think we need a bonafide scorer to play with Hemmer.

On a side note:

• 3.75 Cap hit for Khabbi is a kick assay deal.... 4 year term kinda scare me.... lets hope he has some mileage left in the tank
    • LOL @ Minny replacing  one bandage with another in Havlat
    • LOL @ Canucks for spending more money without getting better
    • Sather is insane for offering 7.5 long term to Gaborik
    • Jbo in Calgary makes me cry
    • Chicago is even scarier with Hossa now, Hossa got what he wanted ... go to a cup contending team

Offline FJSpill

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 12:35:37 am »
i'm beginning to think Hossa is a team jinx. first with pits, then with detroit. Not saying he isn't a good player, but i'm beginning to think he wasn't meant to get a Cup ring ever. J bo is awesome for calgary and i hope they find a good scorer to replace cam with. not a fan of the oilers, but i would love to see more canadian teams in the playoffs. lets hope more then  3 of them make it to the postseason this next year.

Offline KJ1225

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 02:01:06 am »
Don't forget Ty Conklin too for the Lord Stanley jinx

Offline B-Coo

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 04:24:21 am »
Don't forget Ty Conklin too for the Lord Stanley jinx
But if you want to win that outdoor game...

Offline KJ1225

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 11:38:36 am »
lol I'd bury his assay in the Minors once he takes you to the finals lol