Author Topic: Crimson lake Campground - Looking for a good Site #  (Read 1767 times)

Offline AdamMc

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Skids..
  • Ride: 09 WRX 265
Crimson lake Campground - Looking for a good Site #
« on: July 20, 2009, 03:52:21 pm »
Jenny and I are headed to crimson lake campground this next weekend.  We've never been there before so we're not sure what to expect, but i hear lots of good reviews.  We dont know what site to reserve because we've never been there, so here i am asking You guys.

If you've been to crimson lake camp ground, what site did you stay in?  What sites are nice/Acceptable?

We generally dont like sites that boarder any public rec areas like ball diamonds, parks, etc.  Water front would be nice but isn't necessary.
We will be tenting it and will NOT need boat launch facilities/storage - So power isnt an issue.

Sean

Re: Crimson lake Campground - Looking for a good Site #
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 03:55:42 pm »
You should go a little farther and visit Ram Falls. You'd have to drive on a bit of gravel, albeit the funnest road in Alberta, but it's dead there and beautiful.

Offline AdamMc

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Skids..
  • Ride: 09 WRX 265
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 03:58:38 pm »
You should go a little farther and visit Ram Falls. You'd have to drive on a bit of gravel, albeit the funnest road in Alberta, but it's dead there and beautiful.

Is that place anything like Elk River?  I swear the Elk River camp site was right out of a 'hills have eyes' movie.  It was eerie..

*edit*

Just checked out that location.  We'd try that another time, but not this weekend.  WE want something fairly close and not too much further than rocky mountain house. (From an Edmonton Perspective).

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
  • Ride: Explorer
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 04:40:06 pm »
http://gateway.cd.gov.ab.ca/pubsandmedia/Crimson%20Lake%20PP%20WEB%20brochure.pdf go to page 7. 

My family usually stayed in loop B.  Pretty quiet and nice and central.  Loop C is good too, and since you are tenting would likely be a better option, but it's closer to the road and you will get some road noise.  Or if loop D is open try that.  That probably doesn't narrow things down too much... but I can't remember exactly which sites I've stayed in.  Try one on loop D.
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline OCEANSUBARU

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Proud Daddy
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 04:45:39 pm »
Dude it's another like 45 minutes from RMH and the road is the itshay!
Plus the waterfall is minutes from every campsite and there is rarely anybody there.
What's Green and says " I'm a Frog "?

A talking Frog......

:-/