Author Topic: Unoriginalusername's SPW STi 2010: Back from the dead.  (Read 45105 times)

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
Re: Unoriginalusername's SPW STi 2010: Back from the dead.
« Reply #425 on: August 14, 2019, 12:28:21 pm »
Life is all about growth! Exciting to see where this goes, I have to start from the first page now and see where your build is.

Calgary WSC meets are also super chill.

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline Unoriginalusername

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2010 Subaru WRX STi
« Reply #426 on: August 14, 2019, 12:46:08 pm »
It sure is. A lot has changed in the last year, new job, photography business is keeping me busy, also working on private consulting. New rest for the wicked.

I will be traveling to Calgary a lot as I await the house sale, so I should try and jump by a meet when I am down.

PS. its a long read haha, i went through it just to see what I have documented, and I missed a lot to be honest.

Offline Unoriginalusername

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2010 Subaru WRX STi
« Reply #427 on: August 21, 2019, 10:32:55 pm »
So i finished mocking up all the piping in the engine bay, everything fits really well its a nice piece. Not super impressed with the welds that on the new "crash beam" (if you can even call it a crash beam) It looks good in the engine bay tho, I am happy with how it turned out. I will be going to princess auto and grabbing some nicer clamps to put it all together, not a huge fan of the worm clamps honestly. Also as you can see it still fits with the normal coolant overflow tank, but I have since I took this photo, installed the perrin coolant overflow tank, which a decent piece.

Also started to tacking the power steering issue I have been having, since, what feels like forever. The car has been sitting on jack stands in the garage for a couple weeks as I built up the courage to do this install. Removing everything in the way underneath the car was not hard to do, the issue started with getting the crown nuts off of the ends. I was unable to get the pins out so I ended up hammering on a socket, and spun them off. It was a battle that I thought was over but getting the tie rods out was difficult. I tried hammers, liquid wrench, pretty much everything I had. This poor hammer didn't make it.

The rack may have won that battle, but it did not win the war. Ran to princess auto, and grabbed myself an air hammer. The battle was over, I win.

To finally get the rack out, and due to it being difficult to get access i removed the pressure lines from the source, the return line, and the one directly connected to the pump. This allowed me to feed the lines down, remove the whole assembly, and take the lines off and attached them to the new steering rack.

Which is where my fight currently sits, the 2015 rack should be installed this weekend when I get a chance. Once this is on, everything will get put back together, front bumper back on, and its onto a trailer, to get an alignment, then it will need a tune.

Still trying to source a ELH for the car, if you have any suggestions on a good part thats a decent price let me know. I got some quotes on the killer B holy header, but Its a hard pill to swallow at 1700USD.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • it never ends..... avatar courtesy of Danny
  • Ride: GD Time Attack car
« Reply #428 on: September 18, 2019, 09:58:18 am »
Touge has the 2 bolt Killer B header for 1800CAD, if that is easier to swallow lol.

nice looking build so far!