Author Topic: Awe crap.. I started playing WoW  (Read 8845 times)

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Awe crap.. I started playing WoW
« on: July 20, 2010, 02:04:17 pm »
Yup that's right. Between my friend, and my girlfriend, I've been pressured into playing World of Warcraft. The whole Refer-A-Friend worked out rather well, as I managed to get to 60 pretty quickly.. Who else plays?

I'm on the Stonemaul server.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline silent

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: A3
Re: Awe crap.. I started playing WoW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:07:26 pm »
Perfect, now you just have to add an SC2 key to your Battle.net account and you'll be on your way to playing a real game ;).  But seriously though, be careful with that game.  I have a couple friends that lost their social lives for a few years while playing that game.

Offline Perfect Dark

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Wagoon!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 02:10:30 pm »
Loser.

Offline Tenacious_B

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Rage Monkey
  • Ride: 2016 Escape Failtanium
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 02:13:04 pm »
You got sucked in.  Your life just ended.  We'll never hear from LDS ever again.......
I used to drive Subaru's.

Offline ultimatt

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Thrusting in the direction of the problem.
  • Ride: Thundercougarfalconbird
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 02:14:47 pm »
Well this is unfortunate...
<+  Hurrbie> becuase ultimasshole

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 02:26:33 pm »
Loser.

Aren't you the one I sucked back into, mr lvl 24?!
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 02:28:56 pm »
Perfect, now you just have to add an SC2 key to your Battle.net account and you'll be on your way to playing a real game ;).  But seriously though, be careful with that game.  I have a couple friends that lost their social lives for a few years while playing that game.

I'm definitely buying SC2. However, I suck balls at SC, so I'll probably stick to the campaign, and depending on how many friends also get it, some games with them.

Offline Perfect Dark

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Wagoon!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 02:51:46 pm »
Aren't you the one I sucked back into, mr lvl 24?!

Not the point.  Loser.

EDIT- Lvl 25.

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 02:53:45 pm »
I coulda given you my epic-equipped lvl 80 hunter... 

I quit right after I crafted my motorcycle.  That was my goal and sorta lost interest right when I made it, lol.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 02:54:24 pm »
~6 days of played time is what it used to take to get to 60 before Blizzard adjusted the leveling rate.  How long did it take you to get to 60?

A total of 2 days and 8 hours got me to 60, along with enough farming to get my flying mount and have 900 gold leftover.. Some of that was my GF checking my account and selling itshay for me.

I'm questing in the outlands right now. I have the burning crusade (battle pack) but no lich king yet. Figure no point till im there.

Offline xrayvsn

• WSC Member
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • In the dark
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 03:03:00 pm »
I only played vanilla WoW, and it took me 5 months to get to 60.  I've been clean since August 2006, and I'm not touching that crack ever again.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 03:05:49 pm »
2 days of play time till 60 is very do able.  I bet it helped having a mount at 20.  Did you often out-level the area before you completed all the quests?

Also, don't get discouraged by how craptastic outlands is.  WotLK is by far a better expansion.

Not really no. Since I was playing with my GF, I was a Ret pally, and she was a healer priest, so we typically moved on quite early. Around 40 we started doing nothing but dungeons, which helped immensely. I could easily do 2 levels in a single dungeon.

Outlands is interesting, but not too discouraging. The most discouraging was getting ganked 4 times in a row by the same lvl 80 guy in Desolace.. That's when we started doing dungeons.

Offline ultimatt

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Thrusting in the direction of the problem.
  • Ride: Thundercougarfalconbird
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 03:26:43 pm »
<+  Hurrbie> becuase ultimasshole

Offline wingless

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • testing, testing, 1,2,3...!
    • Shane
  • Ride: 2018 WRB STi and 2000 JDM Forester STi
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 03:27:30 pm »
I guess I'm glad then all this sounds like chicken beaks to me...

lvl 60, warrior pose crafted tanker girl with guerrilla warfare missiles to ward of evil leprechauns wielding Mr.T grenades for a flying dog mount in the outlands...

that's a big whiskey tango foxtrot boys.

FS: 2014 BMW 320i x-drive 2.0 turbo awd. PM for details

rith

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 03:28:52 pm »
My girlfriend played non stop for about 6 years or whatever, she finally quit yaaa.. I used to play also, it's ultimately a pointless game. :(   Now my brother started playing.. durr

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 04:21:25 pm »
Ret pallies are a lot of fun.  I would only go back to wow to level my ret pally from 70 - 85 in the next expansion.  Does your GF have any interest in playing a shadowpriest?  I used to have a ton of fun with mine.

After we hit 60, she re-spec'd. Now she's a far better DPS than I am.

Offline saar

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2010 WRB STI
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 03:25:34 pm »
....still playing, and have been since the tri-Horde push in beta. Started off on Garona, left after the Horde side fell apart. I'm on Azjol-Nerub at the moment playing a MM-spec Huntard most of the time. Other "main" is a dorf Prot Pally.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 04:29:10 pm »
Ugh. Careful. I know 3 relationships that ended because of that game. In one, they lived together, the girl didn't play and she said to the guy: "All I want is to know you can step away from the game for me. Can we just go for a walk and get some coffee? We'll be fine if you can do that." His response: "MMMmmm... can we do it later?"

She walked out.

I played once upon a time... back in the day when it was in Beta... and free... I can't fathom repeatedly paying for a game. Plus, with this nasty crack... i mean CAR habit... that I seem to have picked up, I dont think I have time for another addiction.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline super-sti

• **banned**
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 04 sti
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 07:37:25 pm »
i got a 80 pally and a 80 warrior, also had a 80 warlock which i sold, all alliance
i hate this game.. my best friend is number 80 in our server and he ill not come hangout for weeks cuz hes sittin at home playing wow or doing random choires for his mom...
I wish airboy would tune my girlfriend for extra suction power.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 12:30:15 am »
Ugh. Careful. I know 3 relationships that ended because of that game. In one, they lived together, the girl didn't play and she said to the guy: "All I want is to know you can step away from the game for me. Can we just go for a walk and get some coffee? We'll be fine if you can do that." His response: "MMMmmm... can we do it later?"

She walked out.

I played once upon a time... back in the day when it was in Beta... and free... I can't fathom repeatedly paying for a game. Plus, with this nasty crack... i mean CAR habit... that I seem to have picked up, I dont think I have time for another addiction.

The thing is that I've been such a gamer for so long, that I learned to walk away a long time ago.

My biggest worry is that I'm going to hit lvl 80, say to myself, "What's the point?" and quit.
I've done that with Ragnorak, Atlantica Online, LoL, etc..

Offline super-sti

• **banned**
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 04 sti
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 12:30:57 am »
RAGNORAK WAS EPIC!!
I wish airboy would tune my girlfriend for extra suction power.

Offline saar

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2010 WRB STI
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 02:35:42 am »
You were an alpha tester?  That's a hell of a long time to still be playing wow and enjoying yourself.  Props!  Are you a casual player or a hardcore raider?

I go through cycles of being a bit hardcore to really not giving half a crap. This usually coincides with the amount of guild douchebaggery at any given time. I've always said that the people in MMOs are both the only reason to play and the best reason to quit.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Offline ExHonda

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: '13 Focus ST, '92 Jeep Renegade
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 08:49:04 am »
I go through cycles of being a bit hardcore to really not giving half a crap. This usually coincides with the amount of guild douchebaggery at any given time. I've always said that the people in MMOs are both the only reason to play and the best reason to quit.

Troof
I played from release up until a couple of months before Frozen throne was supposed to come out. Our guild had broken the top 30 in the world at one point and always hovered in the top 50. So those that play the game or raid know what it takes to do that.
Honestly the guild is what kept me going. The game itself was ok, the grind for raid materials was crap, but raiding while talking in vent with the guild was probably some of the most fun I ever had on a computer. I don't ever remember laughing so much during conversations in my life. A really good group of people, some of which I still talk with to this day. But as some people started to move on, and the changes to raiding it all started to change and began to feel more like a job rather than a game. Then after looking at my /played time and realizing how much of my life I wasted I started only playing part time, and then left completely within a couple months.

Even if it was free to play I wouldn't ever go back to WoW.
I am waiting for Star Wars The Old Republic >.>

Offline jonny

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • full of awesomeness
    • http://www.westernsubaruclub.com
  • Ride: Ow-dee
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 09:09:29 am »
Careful Jory lol, I recently quit WoW (February '10) and have never logged back in. Was lvl 80 in a top 100 raiding guild, and it will seriously ruin your life hahaha. I was raiding 6-7hrs a day, 5 sometimes 6 days a week.

My advice is to not get too addicted (which is very difficult. I've never regretted quitting, really glad i did. Being able to go out and about again lol. For 2 yrs all i did was eat and sleep (when i could), work, WoW... repeat.

And trust me, once you hit 80 you won't wanna quit. You'll want to raid/pug, because you don't actually 'experience' the game until you start raiding current content.
Current stage of evolution:

Honda -> Acura -> Subaru -> Subaru -> Audi

Offline Cyni

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2009 Audi A3 2.0T
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 10:07:58 am »
Wife and I started up playing again this month, doing the RAF deal.  Really easy to level up, and the new random dungeon feature is just awesome.  Having a good time so far... Keeping it casual once we hit 80 for sure. (casual to me is raiding once or twice a week and getting gladiator every pvp season.).