Author Topic: OS Giken R3C Triple Plate Clutch  (Read 2326 times)

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • it never ends..... avatar courtesy of Danny
  • Ride: GD Time Attack car
OS Giken R3C Triple Plate Clutch
« on: May 09, 2016, 09:22:07 am »
With the car apart again (seems to be a part more than it is together as many have pointed out) I decided to install the OS Giken R3C Triple Plate Clutch that Vex had given to me for a very good deal. After seeing that the Act 6 puck really only got 1 season of hard track time before the friction disk was toast I thought it would be good to move to something more track orientated. I honestly didn't think I would be going this crazy with the clutch but can't say no to a good deal on good parts.

As with most if not all the parts I buy, I went ahead and did some homework on the package. I didn't want something that would make the car completely un-driveable but also something I wouldn't need to replace yearly. After scanning through reviews of other OS clutches (R3C didn't pop up too often) and talking to a few local people that have used them I said yes and went a head with the purchase from VEX.

20150519_151830 by David, on Flickr

The Clutch kit came with everything I needed to install it. New flywheel, friction disks and pressure plate along with the movement alteration kit (moving from a pull to a push type system).

20151206_151937 by David, on Flickr

SO how does the clutch feel? well before it was broken in it was pretty damn intense, like break your neck intense LOL. The clutch was very ON/OFF in first gear but after that it was all good. 3 hours drive to get tuned and 3 hours on the dyno and 3 hours home. After all that, the clutch feels great, easier to drive than the 6 puck. Only thing that may throw people off is the noise it makes on clutch in, so stop and go traffic would have people looking at you haha.

Over all I am very happy with the clutch so far. I hope to be able to test it at the track this coming weekend if I can sort out the rear diff, if I make it I will updated this with that info.

Big thanks to Ryan at VEX for sourcing this and answering all the questions I had.

Offline DDL

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2012 STI
Re: OS Giken R3C Triple Plate Clutch
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 08:32:30 am »
Good review. I am also using this clutch and i am very happy with it.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 09:57:32 am »
Only thing that may throw people off is the noise it makes on clutch in, so stop and go traffic would have people looking at you haha.

Is it like the dry-clutch rattle of a Ducati?
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • it never ends..... avatar courtesy of Danny
  • Ride: GD Time Attack car
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 11:44:53 am »
Is it like the dry-clutch rattle of a Ducati?

Very similar