Author Topic: Official NHL Trade Deadline Day Thread  (Read 5949 times)

Offline SulfurLad

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • now, 20% more!
    • Azzurriffopubijix
  • Ride: 08 WRB STI + many bicycles
Re: Official NHL Trade Deadline Day Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 09:17:18 am »
I stand corrected on my earlier note.  That's a big move.  I figured Lombardi was trade bait... he's fast but can't (consistently) hit the net.  Sad to lose Prust, but Jokinen is quite the pickup.

You know what's funny?  Hindsight.  Jokifail.  LOL.

Some things don't change though, I'm still tired of the commercials billing the trade deadline like it's the most important day of the year in hockey.  Meatheads!  Leafs have traded most of their team though.  :)
throw a rock in the air and you'll hit someone guilty

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 09:39:53 am »
Im hoping the Canucks make a trade for a top 4 D-man. Willie isn't healthy enough for a playoff run and Salo is made of balsa wood. Scoring we're ok... but I wouldn't mind maybe a top 6 forward, take a little pressure of the Sedins...

Luongo didn't look *that* strong during the Olympics.. let in a couple of soft ones... but he looked better than Brodeur... I think the medal will bring some confidence and he'll be hungry for the cup...
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline mungo

• Patchy Faced
    • My Page
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 10:00:34 am »
I wanna see the flames add a second strong goalie get rid of the cardboard cut out behind the bench.
PM if u need body work of any sort, painting, parts from subaru, honda, hyundai..etc or toyota cheaper.

http://mungowrx.mybrute.com

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 11:22:29 am »
I hope the canucks fill the shut down D roll that Mitchell is not right now. a rental second line forward that will play on the third line with whoever is there, i'd say vancouver has 7 top six forwards right now, might as well try to have a scoring third line.
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline SulfurLad

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • now, 20% more!
    • Azzurriffopubijix
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 11:54:13 am »
I saw "Canucks acquire Stastny" as headline on my RSS reader.  I said "oh God no."  Then I read the body and it said that the Canucks acquired Yan Stastny from St. Louis for a prospect.  Bloody reporters.  When there's no news, they try to psych you out by making you think someone made a superstar blockbuster deal.

Offline Cyni

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2009 Audi A3 2.0T
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 12:11:07 pm »
McElhinney for Toskala?  Didn't see that one coming at all.  What the heck are the Ducks thinking??

Offline bigdl

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 09 2.5i Hatch RIP
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 12:23:53 pm »
Toskala for McElhinney

Offline mungo

• Patchy Faced
    • My Page
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 12:24:47 pm »
It was decent but was hoping for Turco!
PM if u need body work of any sort, painting, parts from subaru, honda, hyundai..etc or toyota cheaper.

http://mungowrx.mybrute.com

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 12:50:10 pm »
I saw "Canucks acquire Stastny" as headline on my RSS reader.  I said "oh God no."  Then I read the body and it said that the Canucks acquired Yan Stastny from St. Louis for a prospect.  Bloody reporters.  When there's no news, they try to psych you out by making you think someone made a superstar blockbuster deal.

just like when the flames aquired seabrook early in the year :P

i think toskala is a better fit then turo would have been. good upgrade.
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline SulfurLad

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • now, 20% more!
    • Azzurriffopubijix
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 01:12:30 pm »
Agreed, I don't mind that one.  There was nothing wrong with Mac either though, he just had to play behind Kipper and so never got a chance to play/develop.

Offline bigdl

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 01:38:24 pm »
sounds like dustin boyd to preds for 4th round pick

Offline bigdl

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 02:07:24 pm »
We traded with edmonton  :o

edit

Staios traded to the Calgary Flames in exchange for Aaron Johnson and a 3rd round draft pick

Offline silent

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: A3
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2010, 03:08:37 pm »
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Sutter should be fired.

Offline soulvaccination

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '09 stg 2 non-flared fail-wagon
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 04:05:06 pm »
This is one of the oddest trade day's I can remember seeing in recent memory.   ???

I couldn't have predicted most of these trades that have gone on today, and question most swaps that have happened so far.

Staios must feel like he's won the lottery.  At least he has an outside shot at the playoffs (if the flames start to win again), but I don't think it was a good move for Calgary at all.  They need some damn draft picks and new talent in the pipe, not more middle aged and average talented players.  They've got lots of them, and just got rid of some before the break.

This isn't exactly building for the future for the flames.  More money committed to their cap, less draft position, and not much gain overall.  What???
"Throttle fixes everything.  Left-foot braking fixes everything the throttle doesn't fix, including impotence and poor self-esteem.  Banging off a rev limiter while looking out a car's side window and slamming into a steering stop will cure cancer."

-Sam Smith (Jalopnik writer)

Offline 4stAir

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 STi
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2010, 04:07:18 pm »
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Sutter should be fired.

I'm actually agreeing with Silent  :o Toskola? Staios?????? What the crap! And Calgary still has like 17 forwards.
"I don't understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?"-Jeremy Clarkson

Offline SulfurLad

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • now, 20% more!
    • Azzurriffopubijix
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 08:52:12 am »
Sutter should be fired.

I'm actually agreeing with Silent  :o Toskola? Staios?????? What the crap! And Calgary still has like 17 forwards.

Not that they help score goals much.  I'm drinking a couple beers before I go to the game tonight.  I have a feeling I'll need it.