Author Topic: V4+ GC8 Rear Speakers  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Rick

• Patchy Faced
    • 98 STi
  • Ride: 2006 STI + others
V4+ GC8 Rear Speakers
« on: January 12, 2014, 05:46:50 pm »
My car came with no rear speakers, so I immediately did research and bought 6.5". They didn't fit nicely on top of the deck or bellow, the bottom piece isn't even round. I did some research but everyone says 6.5 fit perfect... So am I missing some bracket or something? I don't really want to ghetto rig it, I want make it look oem.

Untitled by rickslinky, on Flickr

This is my temp fix...

Offline codester-

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: e39
Re: V4+ GC8 Rear Speakers
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 05:49:56 pm »
As far as I know, my old gc8 had a separate bracket fit the 6.5" speaker properly , but I remember the opening in my car ( the one you have pictured ) was much bigger than that, I could have probably fit 6x9" speakers.

Offline Rick

• Patchy Faced
    • 98 STi
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 05:54:36 pm »
As far as I know, my old gc8 had a separate bracket fit the 6.5" speaker properly , but I remember the opening in my car ( the one you have pictured ) was much bigger than that, I could have probably fit 6x9" speakers.

From some of the pictures I've seen I think there may be a bracket too. I'm not sure how much I want to start modifying the metal for 6x9's.

Offline codester-

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 06:01:37 pm »
From some of the pictures I've seen I think there may be a bracket too. I'm not sure how much I want to start modifying the metal for 6x9's.

sorry if I was unclear, I meant the holes that I had could have fit 6x9s without modification ,
so maybe Subaru changed the rear deck .

Offline Rick

• Patchy Faced
    • 98 STi
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 06:10:43 pm »
sorry if I was unclear, I meant the holes that I had could have fit 6x9s without modification ,
so maybe Subaru changed the rear deck .

I misread. I PM'd Misch about the 2000 2.5rs he is parting out regarding the rear speakers.

Offline NiceEqualLengths

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '18 Golf R
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 07:14:50 pm »
I just cut out the oem speaker part and used that as a mounting bracket. Kellen did the same thing.
Kyle
NEL's Build
I don't care if people want to sell used dildos on here as long as they provide useful information for sex toy aficionados.

Offline Rick

• Patchy Faced
    • 98 STi
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 07:29:10 pm »
I just cut out the oem speaker part and used that as a mounting bracket. Kellen did the same thing.

So you removed the carpet piece and cut out the metal to fit? What size did you end up fitting in?

Offline NiceEqualLengths

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 08:26:56 pm »
I had the stock speakers in there. All I did was take the speaker, cut it out and used it as a mounting plate for my new speakers.
Kyle
NEL's Build
I don't care if people want to sell used dildos on here as long as they provide useful information for sex toy aficionados.

Offline codester-

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 08:28:46 pm »
I had the stock speakers in there. All I did was take the speaker, cut it out and used it as a mounting plate for my new speakers.

his car didnt come with stock speakers

Offline NiceEqualLengths

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 08:36:23 pm »
Ehhhhh. Skipped that part it seems. There wasn't much for adapters that fit for mine. Good luck. Not sure if the 98 USDM imprezas have the same speaker size.
Kyle
NEL's Build