Author Topic: Stage 1 Cobb OTS map  (Read 8409 times)

Offline SiliconX

• Stubbly Faced
  • Flat4
  • Ride: 2013 SWP STI Sedan
Re: Stage 1 Cobb OTS map
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 07:52:27 am »
COBB will tell you to run the 93 octane map if you're on Husky 94 or PC Ultra 94 due to the 10% ethanol content (I actually asked because I've seen conflicting info from them). I do only run U94 but I chose to err on the side of caution and have been running the straight 91 tune for the past week I've had my AP. My DAM has never budged from 1, my Feedback Knock Correction has dipped to -1.4 occasionally and once momentarily to -2.8. My Fine Knock Learning has never budged until this morning where it dipped for a second to -0.7. But then I was able to duplicate a drop to -0.35 consistently at 2700rpm in 3rd gear and giving it maybe 25% throttle.

None of these values (according to COBB) are reason to worry but I'm over protective of my car so I'm going to drop down to the ACN91 tune. I wish I could get it tuned by Sunny next week but sounds like Friday is his last day for the winter so I'll just have to baby it until spring (which I do anyways). Gives me time to get money to buy EL headers and a bunch of other stuff to really get my money's worth out of the tune.

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: BMW 135i M
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 08:05:19 am »
Finally decided to install the SF intake and go stage 1. Already had my Invidia Q300 on the car.

Updated the V3
Downloaded the Cobb maps from Cobb website
Running Cobb Stage 1 +SF ACN map
On Shell 91

Have to say... first impression was that it almost seemed slower but after a bit of driving I definitely noticed a much smoother power distribution across rev's.

Could anyone have a quick look at my data log? Started at 2500rpm in 3rd and did WOT into 5th. Will do a few more data logs in the next few days. Is this how I should be data logging? Just went off Cobb and it said to start 2500rpm on 4th, but I started on 3rd.

Thanks!

Surprised you said it felt slower, i felt the same thing. After a few months i switched it back and the car felt way better. With a custom tune though you will be better off
*** PM Me for quotes on parts for wholesale price !!***
Stella -
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=47765.msg579306#msg579306

Offline Shazor

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2011 WRB STI Hatchback
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 10:54:12 am »
COBB will tell you to run the 93 octane map if you're on Husky 94 or PC Ultra 94 due to the 10% ethanol content (I actually asked because I've seen conflicting info from them). I do only run U94 but I chose to err on the side of caution and have been running the straight 91 tune for the past week I've had my AP. My DAM has never budged from 1, my Feedback Knock Correction has dipped to -1.4 occasionally and once momentarily to -2.8. My Fine Knock Learning has never budged until this morning where it dipped for a second to -0.7. But then I was able to duplicate a drop to -0.35 consistently at 2700rpm in 3rd gear and giving it maybe 25% throttle.

None of these values (according to COBB) are reason to worry but I'm over protective of my car so I'm going to drop down to the ACN91 tune. I wish I could get it tuned by Sunny next week but sounds like Friday is his last day for the winter so I'll just have to baby it until spring (which I do anyways). Gives me time to get money to buy EL headers and a bunch of other stuff to really get my money's worth out of the tune.

Received same feedback knock and fine knock learning valules, nothing to worry about as said by Cobb. I've had 1 episode of -4.8 feedback knock!! researched and just reset the ECU and never seen it since... maybe a bad gear shift or something.

Surprised you said it felt slower, i felt the same thing. After a few months i switched it back and the car felt way better. With a custom tune though you will be better off

I cant wait for the custom tuning! Hope my car makes it till then LOL  8)

Offline RockThePylon

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 12:07:38 pm »
My Fine Knock Learning has never budged until this morning where it dipped for a second to -0.7. But then I was able to duplicate a drop to -0.35 consistently at 2700rpm in 3rd gear and giving it maybe 25% throttle.

My GR would always show occasional -1.4 FBKC around 2800RPM/light throttle, until I changed the Load Compensation tables with the numbers AirBoy's spreadsheet pooped out.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2228118
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.

Offline SiliconX

• Stubbly Faced
  • Flat4
  • Ride: 2013 SWP STI Sedan
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2015, 03:28:56 pm »
Received same feedback knock and fine knock learning valules, nothing to worry about as said by Cobb. I've had 1 episode of -4.8 feedback knock!! researched and just reset the ECU and never seen it since... maybe a bad gear shift or something.

I cant wait for the custom tuning! Hope my car makes it till then LOL  8)

-4.8 I'd probably fill my drawers and immediately pull over, it's all pretty new to me so that kind of number would be a shock for sure.

My GR would always show occasional -1.4 FBKC around 2800RPM/light throttle, until I changed the Load Compensation tables with the numbers AirBoy's spreadsheet pooped out.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2228118

That's great info, thanks much for that!

Offline Shazor

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2015, 04:12:58 pm »
-4.8 I'd probably fill my drawers and immediately pull over, it's all pretty new to me so that kind of number would be a shock for sure.

That's great info, thanks much for that!

Exactly what I did. Pulled over. Reset ECU and logged. Haven't seen it since. If it happens again then I'll be switching from ACN91 normal wastegate to ACN91 lower wastegate map

Offline jakesubie

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 1990 240sx
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 08:09:40 am »
Well today I was driving down yellow head and I got a fkl of -11.75 and a fbk of -1.40 I pulled of a reflashed my ecu immediately I am running stage 1 acn91 map a day my only mod (s) is a catback exhaust. Any ideas I'll data log on my way home

Offline greatnorthgnome

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Impreza wrx
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2015, 01:18:06 pm »
Build some det cans and go for a cruise, see if you can hear anything.
I wouldn't just reset/reflash the same map when you see FLKC pop up though. Fine learned knock control has decided it needs to semi permanently pull timing from those load cells since its detected "knock" repeatedly. If there is no knock present it will slowly add timing back. Whether its real or false, I usually try to figure that out before doing anything that bumps the timing back up.

Offline Shazor

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 11:23:58 pm »
Well today I was driving down yellow head and I got a fkl of -11.75 and a fbk of -1.40 I pulled of a reflashed my ecu immediately I am running stage 1 acn91 map a day my only mod (s) is a catback exhaust. Any ideas I'll data log on my way home

Oh damn! On the stage 1 +sf ACN91 map I found that I would see more fkl and fbk if I was shifting at lower rpms... Usually was shifting at 2.5k-2.8kish sport mode on these cold days... Guess the car is taking more of a heavy load at lower rpms. I ended up switching to the stage 1 +sf ACN91 LWG and it's been really good. I don't hit boost very often now that it's getting colder and I rarely even see any -1.4 fkl or fbk... Very happy. I plan to stay with this map until I get to airboys. Keep us posted on how your car is running!

Offline jakesubie

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 10:12:29 am »
Oh damn! On the stage 1 +sf ACN91 map I found that I would see more fkl and fbk if I was shifting at lower rpms... Usually was shifting at 2.5k-2.8kish sport mode on these cold days... Guess the car is taking more of a heavy load at lower rpms. I ended up switching to the stage 1 +sf ACN91 LWG and it's been really good. I don't hit boost very often now that it's getting colder and I rarely even see any -1.4 fkl or fbk... Very happy. I plan to stay with this map until I get to airboys. Keep us posted on how your car is running!

It's been a few days now on the regular ACN91 map in sport mode and I've only seen -1.40 fkl and fbk as the highest reading I've really learned on only hit boost past 3.5k and I haven't seen any big numbers if I do see more knock I'll swap over to the low waste gate map until spring for my tune with airboy

Offline RockThePylon

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 11:56:49 am »
Low/Normal/High wastegate maps don't actually change your target boost. The ECU uses the wastegate numbers as a starting point, and adjusts from there to try and hit the boost target.

I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.

Offline kingbird72

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2015, 11:39:49 pm »
I found another interesting post directly from COBB's website, and the answer came directly from COBB as well, which clearly states to use Stage 1 93 if you are on Canadian 94 with 10% ethanol content!!!
Q:
should i be using this map for CANADA 94 oct gas? or should i stick to reg 91 map? I'm getting -1.4 fine and feedback knock with 93 oct map using 94 CANADA gas

A:
Hello,

These maps are designed for E10 fuel (fuel with 10% ethanol content). If you only have access to E0 fuel (fuel with 0% ethanol) it is recommended to use the “91” octane versions of the maps and datalog the car to ensure your fuel is performing to the necessary level. This is especially important for those using Canadian 94 octane E0 fuel. If you have Canadian 94 with e10, the 93 maps would be fine. You can typically determine this information by reading signage on the gas pump.

Kyle@COBB

http://www.cobbtuning.com/maps/2013-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-stage-1-map

Offline jakesubie

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2015, 03:59:19 pm »
so after a couple months of watching fbk and fkl ive stayed around and under -2.5 on both and im thinking that my loose exhaust tip rattling is triggering any higher readings. is it possible that my loose exhaust tip is causing false knock?

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • it never ends..... avatar courtesy of Danny
  • Ride: GD Time Attack car
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 07:57:08 pm »
Exhaust tips as in all the way to the rear of the car? If so then no. If t was a dp hitting the transmission than maybe.