Author Topic: '06 LGT Brakes  (Read 1633 times)

Offline headso

• Stubbly Faced
'06 LGT Brakes
« on: October 16, 2018, 09:16:33 am »
Hey All,

Looking for some suggestions.

Want to upgrade my factory brakes to a better pad and rotor combo.
Had some previous experience with EBC Green Stuff pads on 'Unknown' slotted rotors (on a Nissan).

Can anyone point me in the right direction for an upgraded pads and some solid rotors?

Thanks in advance!

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
Re: '06 LGT Brakes
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 09:25:57 am »
Napa Blanks or Centric Premium rotors and depending on your application just a good street pad. Stoptech Sport?
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Your typical Asian driver
  • Ride: W164 BT, 02 C5Z06 Wasp
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 10:35:51 am »
We've had two LGT's. Both ran Centric blank rotors and Stoptech Street Performance (now sport?). The pedal was very easy to modulate in all temperature ranges. Rotor life was good. Noise was minimal when cold, and still had good initial bite. Biggest downside is the pad compound dusts a lot. My LGT sedan was tracked several times a year, this set up held up very well to light track duty.

For a more complete upgrade, add Stoptech stainless steel lines, good brake fluid, and Grimmspeed master cylinder brace (I have one FS if you are interested). These upgrades significantly reduced the dead zone at the top 20% of pedal travel.

Offline Mason

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2 feet and a heart beat
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 11:00:22 am »
I had hawk 5.0(?) With the drilled and slotted rotors my 2002 WRX. Stopping distance was Arguably as good as the Brembos on my 2014 STI.

The downsides are that they wear faster and make loads of dust. I also had the pads freeze a couple times on very cold mornings. I would have to get a bit of heat going to them before they would grip at -40

Offline RockThePylon

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 11:59:13 am »
I'm running EBC Yellowstuff pads, and they're wicked. They have lots of bite even when it's -20, and they only get better as they heat up. Very little noise, and dust isn't too bad.

I just ordered them off Amazon.
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.