Author Topic: 1 Week Vacation Ideas w/ kids - October 2021  (Read 183 times)

Offline Jukka

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 WRX
1 Week Vacation Ideas w/ kids - October 2021
« on: September 17, 2021, 08:27:04 am »
Hey everyone, looking for some ideas for a vacation destination within Canada next month.

We were supposed to come back out to Calgary, but with the covid case count and the new lock down measures in place, it doesn't seem like the best time to come visit/wouldn't allow us to do a bunch of the stuff we were planning on doing.

So, now I need to figure out where we should go instead. It's going to be, my wife, my 4 year old and our 9 month old, so we need to go someplace that we can keep the kids enterainted/intrigued.

My wife wants to go out to Halifax or out to St. Johns. We used to go out to Halifax every summer about 10 years ago when my sister in law was going to school out there and we went to St Johns about 3 years ago for a wedding/wedding week celebration and it was beautiful.

I personally want to go out to Vancouver island, spend some time in Victoria, go up to Tofino/Uclulet.

Any other recommendations? Keep in mind, I'm in Mississauga currently, so Toronto and Niagara falls are out for me.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: 1 Week Vacation Ideas w/ kids - October 2021
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 08:46:03 am »
You can still come to Calgary and do all the things you want to do. As long as you're vaccinated.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Jukka

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 09:22:22 am »
You can still come to Calgary and do all the things you want to do. As long as you're vaccinated.

I know that. We are, but the kids aren't and the wife is worried about the case numbers. She wants to go somewhere that's got less cases per capita.

Offline darthekai

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I CANT STOP POOPING
    • My Webpage
  • Ride: 2002 toyota tacoma 4dr (RTT crowdsourced with NFTs)
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 03:02:15 pm »
start watching the tv series 'alone' with them, then take em out into the middle of nowhere (maybe near valemount to avoid crowds) and bush camp somewhere where they can construct forts in the bush.
What man put together, man can rend asunder and then also put it together sometimes what's all this left over stuff
Subaru(sold) Ford (sold) Toyota

DaDuke99

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 06:10:35 pm »
If you come by Halifax let me know, I'm working right on the NB/NS border and have been travelling around the province on days off :)

Offline Jukka

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 10:16:00 am »
Looks like we're heading out east this round. Found we can transfer our flights easily, our car rental and hotels all had free cancelation, so we're good there. Gonna stay with some family friends out there and rent some Air BNB's too.