Author Topic: WSC Sim Racing Championship  (Read 2771 times)

Offline drewfuspx

• Vendor
  • Patchy Faced
  • "Is it supposed to sound like that?"
  • Ride: 2010 Legacy 3.6R Ltd w/ M
Re: WSC Sim Racing Championship
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 01:41:54 pm »
As an Xbox racing sim gamer, I am unable to participate.

Ditto
I broke it.  Just like how I'm going to break you

a piece of bread for dinner.  Want to come over? 

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 02:24:04 pm »
I wonder if there is a place like this in Calgary http://impulsesimracing.ca/#/Home
This particular one is it's sole location, if we could find a business with a Calgary and Edmonton location we could possibly arrange a big WSC event between cities?

Any thoughts on that?

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 04:07:59 pm »
I wonder if there is a place like this in Calgary http://impulsesimracing.ca/#/Home
This particular one is it's sole location, if we could find a business with a Calgary and Edmonton location we could possibly arrange a big WSC event between cities?

Any thoughts on that?

There is the https://www.raceroom.ca/

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 04:14:47 pm »
I looked at that one, they are only in Calgary so I don't think us northerners would be able to "race" against you southerners.
Was hoping for a company with a location in both cities.

The RecRoom has those cool simulators, I wonder if they have some online leader board you could use across multiple locations. If so, I wonder if we could create our own "league" and say for the month of February you could go in, play and post your lap time on an agreed upon track as your schedule allows.
After the month is up we post up the leader board for results.

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 04:24:45 pm »
I just sent an email to Rec Room to see if they have this capability?

Does this sound like a feasible and/or interesting possibility?

Once I hear back I will know more I will share their response.

DaDuke99

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 09:14:05 pm »
The rec room sim left a lot to be desired from my experiences.
That being said, I'd still take part if it was possible.

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Your typical Asian driver
  • Ride: W164 BT, 02 C5Z06 Wasp
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 05:05:48 pm »
I'm just throwing ideas at this thread.

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2018, 08:20:12 am »
Hey all,

I attended a friends stag this weekend that just so happened to involve both the Impulse Sim racing in Edmonton and the Rec Room. Impulse was pretty awesome, we had 11 of us there and we all raced together along with headset coms. They had a ton of tracks and cars to choose from and was extremely realistic and fun.

After going there and then to the Rec Room I must say I didn't even bother trying the Rec Room one, the graphics looked too arcade-y and the realism wasn't quite there. Not to mention the moving seat, while a neat function, seemed to move independently from the controls/wheel (I would think this should move together for realism) and would be a big distraction to playing well.

Lastly Rec Room did respond to my inquiry, unfortunately they have different systems in each location so they do not communicate and they have no online leader board capability so that is out.

I was hoping that we could find a way to make this happen but it seems we're back to either PC or console possibilities, unless some of us want to venture into the other city and set up a race day at either Impulse or Race Room.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2018, 11:36:53 am »
Just came across this thread, and would definitely be interested in joining a racing championship. I currently have a PC and that is all, but I might be looking at picking up a console here soon (likely a PS4). I am looking to invest in a wheel setup very soon here as well.

Just a thought, but wouldn't we all be able to post times if we played an F1 game? I'm fairly certain that F1 2017 is available for PC, Xbox, and PS.

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
  • Ride: 05 LGT Wagon, 08 Jeep WK CRD
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2018, 02:38:02 pm »
I would play a PC league if there is enough people

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2018, 08:46:43 pm »
I have confirmed that F1 2017 is in fact available on PS4, Xbox, and PC. Hell, it's even available for mac and linux apparently.

If we set certain rules for everyone to follow (similar to those mentioned by OP), how would you all feel about this? We can use an honour system to let people play on their own times to start, and then we can possibly integrate scheduled races on each platform that has enough interest later down the road.

I'm willing to help get this all organized and set up.

Are you in?

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
  • Ride: 05 LGT Wagon, 08 Jeep WK CRD
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2018, 09:54:44 pm »
I'm in!

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2018, 11:34:31 am »
Not sure if my laptop can run this game, not a gaming laptop but I would be interested if it works.
I could link it to my TV and still use my wheel/pedals.

What about controls, up to the user or strictly keyboard/controller/wheel set up??

I'll take a look at the laptop tonight and see if it can handle it, if so I'll download and start practicing. :)

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2018, 01:19:50 pm »
Good enough for me.

I'll look into completing a breakdown of rules, controls and such, and then start a new thread about everything. I'll give ample amounts of time for people to practice, pick up copies of the game, etc. In the meantime, go and get your copy of the game for your console/computer of choice.

I'm hoping to have at least a first test race for the end of the month.

DaDuke99

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2018, 08:40:23 pm »
What about controls, up to the user or strictly keyboard/controller/wheel set up??
I've played games so much on console, that even on pc I play with a 360 controller. Wouldn't say it gives me an advantage, as much as any other way would be a disadvantage  ;)
The F1 games are actually really hard lol... I've played a bunch of 2017 when it popped up for free on Live and got into it for a while... while still managing to not really improve too much.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 11:13:06 pm »
I've played games so much on console, that even on pc I play with a 360 controller. Wouldn't say it gives me an advantage, as much as any other way would be a disadvantage  ;)
The F1 games are actually really hard lol... I've played a bunch of 2017 when it popped up for free on Live and got into it for a while... while still managing to not really improve too much.

We can maybe work in a factor of difficulty for the ways that people are playing. I'll have to try out each method for myself and see.

Offline OrcasNotOilers

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2006 Saab 9-2x 2.5i 5MT, 2008 Jeep Patriot North 5MT (For Sale), 2013 Acura MDX
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2018, 03:16:11 pm »
Perhaps a little OT, but for those of you on PC the current Humble Bundle is featuring Dirt Rally, Motorsport Manager, F1 2017, and Grid 2. $12 will get you the whole thing.