Author Topic: 2019 Formula 1  (Read 15790 times)

Offline Scooby Brew

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2001 Subaru WRX STi Tommy Kaira M20b; 2019 Ascent Touring
Re: 2019 Formula 1
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2019, 08:04:11 am »

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2013 Lexus IS-F
« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2019, 08:53:45 am »
In other news, countless articles saying Leclerc is the new Ferrari #1 and Vettel's time is up. Yeah, he's made some mistakes, but.. wow. Leclerc having 2 good races doesn't mean he's already a legend. Kimi has still not been dethroned in that regard.  ;D

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #227 on: September 16, 2019, 11:23:52 am »
Honestly, Vettel is a great driver, if he's allowed to cruise out front. He constantly falls apart under any kind of pressure, it feels like, so I'm not surprised that Ferrari is pulling a Red Bull, and potentially betting on the next generation.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2019, 09:31:59 am »
Wow. Grosjean staying with Haas for 2020.

And unsurprisingly, Kubica is leaving Williams.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline Scooby Brew

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2019, 09:52:50 am »
In other news, countless articles saying Leclerc is the new Ferrari #1 and Vettel's time is up. Yeah, he's made some mistakes, but.. wow. Leclerc having 2 good races doesn't mean he's already a legend. Kimi has still not been dethroned in that regard.  ;D
Honestly, Vettel is a great driver, if he's allowed to cruise out front. He constantly falls apart under any kind of pressure, it feels like, so I'm not surprised that Ferrari is pulling a Red Bull, and potentially betting on the next generation.

I am still a little skeptical of the hype around Leclerc. He is a good driver, maybe has a WC in him (Jensen Button in some regards is how I would classify him), but is he a great. I don't see that right now at all.
I think Vettel has lost his passion for the sport and needs to pack it in, he reminds me a lot of JV at the end of his F1 career, he is just out there going through the motions. Problem is that is Mick's seat and he is just not ready, so I think Vettel stays, Ferrari has to pay him anyway for another year.

Wow. Grosjean staying with Haas for 2020.

And unsurprisingly, Kubica is leaving Williams.

Was literally coming to post the Kubica news, question now is that Latifi's seat and where does Hulk end up? After Ocon took his seat I started thinking he may not get a ride, though I thought he more than likely would, but maybe he was asking for too much $$$$ and he is 33 next year.
I am assuming Grosjean gave Haas quite a good deal to hold the seat (It has to be the surprise of the year, so far).

So with a couple wrenches thrown in the whole silly season, maybe it could end up being a game of musical chairs when most people thought it would be fairly quiet.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2019, 10:09:04 am »
I like Leclerc, I think he's a good driver, but I still think Verstappen is better.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2019, 10:34:58 am »
I think Hulk's gotta move on to WEC or Formula E. I've never understood why people rated him so highly, TBH. Sure, he hasn't had a winning car, but Perez beat him as a teammate, and Perez isn't all that special.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2019, 08:13:26 am »
Looks like they restored Valteri to an older backup.  RIP v2.0

From last year:

uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2019, 11:23:50 am »
Decent race yesterday. Ferrari's all kinds of messed up. Imagine how good they competitive they'd be if they could manage their drivers & strategies.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2019, 11:58:17 am »
uckfayin' Christ.

Was kinda hoping for some good "Grazie Ragazzi"s yesterday....

Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2004 Corvette Z06, 2019 G70, 2015 Grand Caravan
« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2019, 08:53:31 am »
https://www.formulapassion.it/motorsport/formula-1/patti-e-misfatti-f1-vettel-leclerc-ferrari-458981.html

It's in Italian, but google translate works well enough for the general message. Question is do you believe it would happen with Vettel's contract good to the end of 2020 and his habit of being litigious.

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2004 Corvette Z06, 2019 G70, 2015 Grand Caravan
« Reply #236 on: October 01, 2019, 09:23:22 am »
Turns out Haas could not likely afford Hulkenberg, but I like this story better.

https://theluggnutt.com/2019/09/19/haas-f1-retains-romain-grosjean-at-behest-of-netflix/

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #237 on: October 01, 2019, 10:31:31 am »
Turns out Haas could not likely afford Hulkenberg, but I like this story better.

https://theluggnutt.com/2019/09/19/haas-f1-retains-romain-grosjean-at-behest-of-netflix/

I can't even believe this. He's just terrible. And then he gets a new contract and retires from the Russian GP.

Guy does less work in a week than your standard civil engineer.

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #238 on: October 01, 2019, 11:17:46 am »
https://www.formulapassion.it/motorsport/formula-1/patti-e-misfatti-f1-vettel-leclerc-ferrari-458981.html

It's in Italian, but google translate works well enough for the general message. Question is do you believe it would happen with Vettel's contract good to the end of 2020 and his habit of being litigious.
Ferrari's in a bit of trouble if Vettel leaves, though. I mean, it's clear that whoever is in that second car is not going to get the support to truly compete with Leclerc, so they basically need a driver that's perfectly fine with not being given equal opportunity and only having a chance to win whenever their teammate retires from the race. Is Barrichello still fit to return??

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2019, 05:53:10 pm »
I was really looking forward to Vettel angrily destroying a bottle of water while Leclerc goes Mutli 21 on him in the cool down room.

But RIP MGU-K

https://youtu.be/jU_G4fEpaCQ?t=104

Offline Scooby Brew

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2019, 09:01:46 pm »
Leclerc would be a great #2. He is superb at blocking but can't pass to save his life.
I feel like this is now the race to see who signs Max.

Offline Scooby Brew

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2019, 12:26:27 pm »
Well 2019 is done, had a couple good races (Germany & Brazil for sure), but a lot of the same ol' same ol'

Anywho Latifi signs with Williams as expected and we get two Canadians in F1, yay!?!?! Can't wait for Q1 sessions to see who will be the top qualifying canuck.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/canadian-driver-formula-one-nicholas-latifi-williams-next-season-1.5375993

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2019, 01:13:07 pm »
Well 2019 is done, had a couple good races (Germany & Brazil for sure), but a lot of the same ol' same ol'

Anywho Latifi signs with Williams as expected and we get two Canadians in F1, yay!?!?! Can't wait for Q1 sessions to see who will be the top qualifying canuck.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/canadian-driver-formula-one-nicholas-latifi-williams-next-season-1.5375993

Unless Williams has an engineering epiphany, it's gonna be Lance-Romance winning that battle.

Nice to see another Canadian though.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2019, 12:51:44 pm »
3rd place in the fantasy pool. And I stopped managing my roster after Hungary. Stupid Ferrari.

So, LDS you gotta do something humiliating now.

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2019, 01:26:06 pm »
3rd place in the fantasy pool. And I stopped managing my roster after Hungary. Stupid Ferrari.

So, LDS you gotta do something humiliating now.

Haha, forgot my password and it won't let me reset.

Post a screen shot of the standings so we can all see how bad we did.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2019, 09:54:50 pm »
I'm really happy for Sainz for getting that point!  I wish they had showed it, but it happened right as Ham crossed the finish line.  I was wondering if Hulk gave him the place as a nice gesture, but it doesn't look like it.

Can see their battle @8:00

RIP will miss Hulk :(

McLaren is such a fun team this year.  It's really too bad that Stoffel-Waffle never got to experience this as a rookie.  I wonder if his personality would've come out more had he been under different leadership/guidance.  Anyone know how he's doing in FE?

But all of this year's rookies have been fun to watch.  I'll just repost this for the good feels

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2019, 09:31:00 am »
RIP will miss Hulk :(

Meh, Hulk is a bum. Sainz passed him with a nice zinger and then he gets mugged by his own team mate. He ended up tied on points with Kvyat, but lost out on the countback because Kvyat had a podium finish, which we know is like kryptonite for Hulky.

He had his time. He either wasn't good enough, or lucky enough, or (realistically) didn't have enough of either. He's honestly not a guy that's gonna be remembered in F1 circles other than when you hear his name. He'll end up like Nick Heidfeld, Olivier Panis, Pedro Diniz, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, and Giancarlo Fisichella. The only difference is, some of them had enough luck to snag a win or two. 

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2019, 12:27:45 pm »
He'll end up like Nick Heidfeld, Olivier Panis, Pedro Diniz, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, and Giancarlo Fisichella. The only difference is, some of them had enough luck to snag a win or two.

Or remembered essentially for a Le Man's win.
Oddly enough out of that list of drivers, how many Le Man's drivers do you see lol

Screenshot of the pool:

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2019, 02:09:37 pm »
Screenshot of the pool:

Haha, amazing. Like you, I also stopped looking at this after the 4th or 5th race...