Author Topic: Jackal's Project Bianca (2006 BMW Z4M Coupe)  (Read 29584 times)

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: Jackal's Project Bianca (2006 BMW Z4M Coupe)
« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2017, 12:19:40 pm »
If you ever need a garage to do stuff, fire me a message, and if I'm free, you're more than welcome to come by and bring me free beer.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2017, 09:22:09 am »
If you ever need a garage to do stuff, fire me a message, and if I'm free, you're more than welcome to come by and bring me free beer.

Done deal my friend!!

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2017, 04:55:01 pm »
Race/Street alignment done today.  Still no wheels,  so it looks like the (Other shop,  not Sheni's) shop let me down on the wheels.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2017, 02:00:52 pm »
Settings:

Before                        After       
Front                          left           right           left         right
Caster                      +6.10        +6.20       +6.10       +6.20
Camber                    - 3.70         -3.15        -3.15        -3.10
Toe                           0.00          -.25          0.00         -.25

Rear                        
Camber                     -1.25         -2.85        -1.20        -2.80
Toe                           0.00          +0.15       0.00         +0.15

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2017, 12:43:45 pm »
So....  Frustrated update here.  I didn't get to race this weekend,  as I only had my winter tires and wheels available to me.

Exactly 5 weeks ago I ordered my wheels from a shop and was told that he had a confirmed delivery of 2-3 weeks.  I was also told I'd have a confirmation of order the next day,  and a shipping number when they arrived at the distributor.  So far (5 weeks in) both of those have not come through.

At the four week mark I contacted Enkei directly seeing if I could get either a confirmation of order or tracking... or really any info on the wheels as the shop was radio silent.  They couldn't find either and stated they have a set in Texas and should have them in Canada in a couple days. 

Fast forward to this morning (starting the 6th week), the shop texts me up butt hurt that the manufacturer contacted him in regards to resolving this.  He's packing up his ball and going home.  Only stated that he'll issue me a refund on the wheels and doesn't like that I contacted Enkei. 

So here I am.... missed the first event,  and two weeks away from the next... still without wheels starting over.

Was I wrong to go checking up on my order when the shop wouldn't/couldn't give me updates? I have all the commitments in writing,  from the fact I'd get a shipping confirmation to a confirmed shipping time of 2-3 weeks.

Now starts the scramble to make event two.

As an aside,  Enkei north america has been exceptional in getting back to me and helping sort the issue out.  They reply within the hour,  and have gone above and beyond to track down wheels and make it the best experience possible given the situation.

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2017, 12:56:27 pm »
I don't think you're in the wrong in the slightest from what you've described. To be quite frank I'd put them on blast for that. Is there any way just to get the wheels straight from Enkei since you're already in contact with them now? I'm sure they would also be interested in how their distributor is representing their product, and is now in essence losing them a sale.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2017, 01:25:21 pm »
I don't think you're in the wrong in the slightest from what you've described. To be quite frank I'd put them on blast for that. Is there any way just to get the wheels straight from Enkei since you're already in contact with them now? I'm sure they would also be interested in how their distributor is representing their product, and is now in essence losing them a sale.

Thanks.  I feel bad as I went to the shop on a friends recommendation and the communication was reasonable up until the purchase. I'm being PC on this bad end of the transaction because of the friend.  I dislike the feeling of scrambling now though.

Enkei has been incredible.  They have always responded within the hour,  with the exception of the holiday weekend...  and I find that more than reasonable.  The person I'm communicating with is tracking a set down now and has not made any promises,  but believe I can be rolling before the next event... although understandably cautious in saying that. 

To think that they have 100 times the contact emails than the shop does,  I find that all exceptional. 

Offline Perfect Dark

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Wagoon!
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2017, 02:00:02 pm »
You have every right to do what it takes to find out why your money has not equated to a delivered product in the appropriate timeframe.

Once you've finalized your transaction with this company I'd definitely put something up publicly.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2017, 02:26:27 pm »
You have every right to do what it takes to find out why your money has not equated to a delivered product in the appropriate timeframe.

Once you've finalized your transaction with this company I'd definitely put something up publicly.

Thanks Brother. 

To be fair,  the shop contacted me again this morning (more contact in the last few hours he's been butt hurt, than the previous five weeks trying to just get an order confirmation),  and he said he'll drop off the tires to my home to offer the cash refund for the wheels.  He's washing his hands of the whole issue.

Funny enough,  still no word on where the wheels are though.

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2017, 02:40:30 pm »
It shouldn't in any way need to get to that point however for him to be actually contacting you. Right now all hes doing is trying to save the easy sale on the tires and wash his hands of the rims which hes clearly itshay the bed on, I don't look at that as a positive thing.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2017, 02:43:43 pm »
Can you cancel the tire order? Also, what shop?
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2017, 02:45:50 pm »
Can you cancel the tire order?
Thats what I would do, tell him that since you have no wheels now you might have to look at other sizing options that the tires might not be appropriately sized for. Which isn't really even a lie.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2017, 03:31:24 pm »
Can you cancel the tire order? Also, what shop?

Thats what I would do, tell him that since you have no wheels now you might have to look at other sizing options that the tires might not be appropriately sized for. Which isn't really even a lie.

I'm going to leave the shop name out for now.  I'm frustrated,  and in a panic,  so there's no sense smearing the shop while angry.  I did that once here and regret the way I handled it then too.  I should have waited until I wasn't frustrated.  I will say that it is not a shop we commonly deal with here on this forum.

I have thought about cancelling the tires as well.  They have been in his shop for the last few weeks waiting on the wheels. At the moment in my panic to get to the track in two weeks, I think I'd rather hold on to the parts I do have to ensure I don't shoot myself in the foot on principal.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2017, 03:47:13 pm »
In principle however, this guy and his shop can eat a bag a d(irt). 

But I understand logic of holding the tires.  For the most part, agree with everyone else, I don't think it was unreasonable to contact Enkei directly...  But did you try to follow up with the shop first?  If not, that's the one thing I would have done differently. 

Regardless, the guy is being over-defensive for his oversight.  Granted, maybe it was just an oversight, or maybe he's swamped, but none of that is an excuse for failure, and he should be doing everything in his power to make things right, not end the customer relationship. 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2017, 04:14:34 pm »
In principle however, this guy and his shop can eat a bag a d(irt). 

But I understand logic of holding the tires.  For the most part, agree with everyone else, I don't think it was unreasonable to contact Enkei directly...  But did you try to follow up with the shop first?  If not, that's the one thing I would have done differently. 

Regardless, the guy is being over-defensive for his oversight.  Granted, maybe it was just an oversight, or maybe he's swamped, but none of that is an excuse for failure, and he should be doing everything in his power to make things right, not end the customer relationship.

I patiently waited a week before my first request for an order confirmation.  I just wanted to be sure the order went in on time and as expected. The response was simply that he hasn't got one yet and that he'd follow up when he could.  A couple weeks passed (three week mark) before I followed up again looking for info.  His response was dismissive, and that it was ordered the day I paid and that I should be patient.  I mentioned that the delivery time was that week,  and I got no response for about another week. Over the last week I was pretty persistent in following up as I was hoping to run on Sunday, but only got a text back that he didn't have time to continually chase the order and was defensive about the fact he ordered it when he said he did.  By this time I had already started the parallel conversation with Enkei.

Today I simply texted him if he had heard anything about the wheels ("Hey *******. I hope you had a great weekend.  I'm just doing the semi regular ping on the wheels."),  and the response I got was that he'll cancel the order and that "I will NOT be having corporate Enkei contacting me regarding client matters. I don't do business that way. I appolagize [SIC] the vendor of choice from our side did not rectify our order in a timely fashion and failed to give us a fair estimation date of delivery."

In quoting his comment it occurs to me that he refers to vendor didn't rectify the order...  and this is the first I've heard of any rectification being needed,  let alone doing it in a timely manor.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2017, 07:07:00 pm »
So he doesn't go through Enkei directly? I'm confused what vendor he could be referring to.

The guy sounds like a defensive tool. Enkei contacted him because he uckfayed up. If he doesn't operate his business that way, he needs to actually change his business model.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2017, 08:42:02 pm »
So he doesn't go through Enkei directly? I'm confused what vendor he could be referring to.

It doesn't sound like it.  Enkei was expecting a certain distributor was being used,  but apparently there are others. 

Enkei is tracking down a set for me and we'll go from there.

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2017, 09:25:25 pm »
Redistributor, there's part of your problem. Regardless the failed promises and lack of communication on his end not to mention how hes handled it are all his fault.

Oh also god damn I want that clownshoe.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2017, 11:56:19 pm »
Oh also god damn I want that clownshoe.

He's thinking of selling it.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2017, 07:56:18 am »
So at the 5 week mark they aren't even on record as ordered.  This just infuriates me. Since the shop was unwilling to complete the transaction, I figured I'd still have a set of wheels on the road to North America. There should still be a set somewhere close that I could purchase. As it turns out that was not true.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2017, 08:14:05 am »
So name of shop? That's terrible customer service.

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2017, 09:19:30 am »
If they're in stock at Tire Rack, just get them shipped to Sweetgrass (Montana Shipping Outlet is who I use) and pick them up from the border. Probably have them there by this weekend.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2017, 09:26:22 am »
So name of shop? That's terrible customer service.

He cancelled the order yesterday,  but apparently won't be seeing my moneys until tomorrow.  Since he's butt hurt,  I don't want to create a vindictive retaliatory measure before I get my money and tires.

If they're in stock at Tire Rack, just get them shipped to Sweetgrass (Montana Shipping Outlet is who I use) and pick them up from the border. Probably have them there by this weekend.

I'll look at Tirerack today,  and read up on the Enkei TS6's as they seem closest to the Kojin's.  I'll need to reference the weight and cost for them,  and weigh it out on the look.  I can have Black Kojin's from Enkei quick,  but they are black and I'd have to eventually paint them...

I'm weighing out the options.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2017, 11:55:13 am »
I did follow up.

Man, what a oucheday. You are in the right 100%. Imagine you didn't contact Enkei. You'd still be waiting around with both thumbs up your butt.

Once you get your money, smear the crap out if this guy.
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2017, 11:56:10 am »
So TireRack is the vendor that split the set last week.  They have two arriving soon,  and the other two are at Enkei.  All in it ends up costing me almost 300$ more,  and they won't arrive here until after the first points event. 

What a royal cluster uckfay.