Author Topic: Kijho's 2016 Crystal White Pearl WRX ~ The End  (Read 183603 times)

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
Re: Kijho's 2016 Crystal White Pearl WRX ~ Living the 10SecDream...
« Reply #1075 on: October 03, 2018, 11:24:00 am »
So when are you taking your 7 layer lasagna lip off?

;D  This weekend!

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1076 on: October 23, 2018, 03:24:14 pm »
The DR750S vs. DR900S Blackvue Dashcams side by side (some brief footage).  Going to do some night footage and also a 4 channel setup soon (running both).. just for fun ;D

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #1077 on: October 24, 2018, 12:41:03 pm »
Sick. Setting up for some VR 3D camera action?
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1078 on: October 24, 2018, 12:55:08 pm »
Sick. Setting up for some VR 3D camera action?

Pretty much yaasss ;D ;D

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1079 on: October 25, 2018, 07:13:55 pm »
Giving the summer wheels a cleaning before going into storage for the Winter...

Chemical Guys Diablo wheel gel + CarPro HydrO2

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1080 on: December 03, 2018, 09:40:43 am »
Some pics.. :D

How I film fun videos..  ProClip phone mount, I drilled a hole in the top and mounted the small ballhead to it. Works amazing, super sturdy. Need a new camera though ;) Lighter weight, but 4K??  Hmm...

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1081 on: January 10, 2019, 10:45:42 am »
Received the Viofo A129 dashcam back in December and did a quick unboxing/ install in my WRX. Pretty awesome dashcam with impressive quality, and also the rear FOV is slightly better than my Blackvue's rear camera. I'll post some more direct side by side comparison soon, I have a great video of them both. If you're looking for a decent dashcam and don't want to spend $600+ I'd really suggest this A129. It's probably been the best dashcam I've used thus far besides the Blackvue ofcourse. (But that's a 4K resolution cam so kind of a different comparison, not really apples to apples.)

Untitled by Spencer, on Flickr

DSC00108 by Spencer, on Flickr

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #1082 on: January 10, 2019, 11:18:10 am »
Sell it to me when you're done with it.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1083 on: January 14, 2019, 02:52:42 pm »
Sell it to me when you're done with it.

I'm sorry it went to someone else already :(  There's apparently a new Viofo coming soon, 4K Resolution. I just emailed them today to see if they'd share any info on it with me.

But if anyone wants to see some side by side raw example footage, here it is.  Very impressive camera for $169 usd, I think probably the best value in that dashcam range.
There's a CPL filter and I think I should have aimed the lens down slightly, because it's just a little dark on the image - I could have edited, but I wanted to leave it unedited/ raw.

In other news...
I entered into a raffle this week for a pair of Status reclining / carbon fiber seats. One thing I've really missed from my old GC8 were how much those seats held you in place.. I loved those. I really didn't expect much to win, the number I wanted was already taken, but I literally just picked a random number and entered anyway. It was funny because the next day I was thinking to myself "man, how crazy would it be if I won" - I've literally never really won anything ever before (except my GF once won me a ProLightz gift card two years ago.)

Anyways, I was out all day and had a bunch of missed calls suddenly on my phone from some friends who were calling to tell me the names had been drawn and I won these seats  ;D ;D I was pretty damn stoked and nearly dropped my phone  ;D ;D 8) 8)

You may recognize them as Lyle's seats from his STI. I know which seat brackets I need (and the company offered me a little discount for sponsorship) but I need to figure the airbag situation out first. I think to do this I'm going to need to remove the occupancy sensor pad from the OEM seats.

Does anyone know any upholstery shops / places with experience with seats that I could pay to properly remove the sensor without damaging the OEM Seats??

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
« Reply #1084 on: January 15, 2019, 08:17:24 am »
Doesn't the factory fabric just unzip off the seat? Congrats on the win btw.
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1085 on: January 15, 2019, 08:38:46 am »
Doesn't the factory fabric just unzip off the seat? Congrats on the win btw.

I don't think so, maybe.. there's ONE YouTube video on the internet and the guy ripped one part of his leather seat, there's some metal loop / hooks that keep it there I guess.  I don't want to ruin mine.  If I can get underneath the upholstery then the passenger sensor is easy to remove, it just comes out (and a little bit of glue to cut around).  Then I can slide it in the new seats and everything would be perfectly OEM functioning!

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
« Reply #1086 on: January 15, 2019, 08:47:25 am »
I don't think so, maybe.. there's ONE YouTube video on the internet and the guy ripped one part of his leather seat, there's some metal loop / hooks that keep it there I guess.  I don't want to ruin mine.  If I can get underneath the upholstery then the passenger sensor is easy to remove, it just comes out (and a little bit of glue to cut around).  Then I can slide it in the new seats and everything would be perfectly OEM functioning!

Zipper on the side of the seat back, yo.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1087 on: January 15, 2019, 08:51:19 am »
Zipper on the side of the seat back, yo.

Shieeeett may be easier than I thought, then!!! :D :D

Offline Jukka

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 WRX
« Reply #1088 on: January 15, 2019, 11:16:19 am »

You talking about these?

If so, they are super easy to remove and cheap to put back in. You can buy the pliers and rings from princess auto for cheap. Pliers are about $13 and a pack of 500 rings is $9.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/search?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=hog+ring

I'm very jealous of the seats. I was entered on the draw too. I don't know if you saw the mistake that the guys made when they announced the winner, they called your name on the draw, but then tagged another guy with the same name on the post saying he won. I stepped in and got Dustin to clarify and fix it for you.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1089 on: January 15, 2019, 11:25:27 am »
If so, they are super easy to remove and cheap to put back in. You can buy the pliers and rings from princess auto for cheap. Pliers are about $13 and a pack of 500 rings is $9.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/search?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=hog+ring

I'm very jealous of the seats. I was entered on the draw too. I don't know if you saw the mistake that the guys made when they announced the winner, they called your name on the draw, but then tagged another guy with the same name on the post saying he won. I stepped in and got Dustin to clarify and fix it for you.

Oh yes, those are the kind I saw on the one video I could find!! Maybe then if I mess any up I could pick up new ones, I just am fearful of ripping/ damaging so I would have to be super super careful.. if I can unzip and then I think I need to unclip some of those perhaps.

Thanks for telling them it was the wrong guy too haha! I didn't see it live I just saw all the messages and stuff shortly after ;D Very stoked to have won, can't wait to put them in!!  Thanks for showing me those clips too! It'll be a fun project to tackle for me.

Offline VTAKLOL

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #1090 on: January 15, 2019, 11:38:27 am »
The hog rings are always replaced, as the easiest way to remove them is to use side cutters.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1091 on: January 17, 2019, 11:21:13 am »
Seat rails ordered and en-route! :D

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1092 on: February 25, 2019, 09:26:50 am »
Fun weekend working in the Garage! Huge thanks to my friend 10Sec for coming down to hangout, drink some beers, and help me install some things (both car mods and house mods ;D ;D)
As with all installs I do on my WRX, an expected 1 hour job becomes a 3 hour job. Seatbelt bolt is welded in, so had to make a trip to Home Depot to pickup some new hardware, which we found thankfully. Also, the bolts into the floor are seemingly very soft, very easy to strip, had some troubles going back in. Might have to find some new hardware to replace if I decide to swap the seats again...

OEM vs Status
DSC01380 by Spencer, on Flickr

10Sec getting the new seat bolted in
DSC01375 by Spencer, on Flickr

One seat in!
DSC01383 by Spencer, on Flickr

Went for a quick car wash + cruise after! Thanks to 10Sec and MilkPumba for snapping these shots with my A7iii! Pumba's a good photog!!! :D

DSC01455 by Spencer, on Flickr

DSC01449 by Spencer, on Flickr

DSC01427 by Spencer, on Flickr

I always love having two subies in the garage ;D
DSC01460 by Spencer, on Flickr

First impressions?...

I've seen cars with guys driving where you can just see their eyes/ nose above the window ledge. I've always wondered what that felt like, and I guess I know. I can't see above the 4ft high snowbanks in my community as I'm taking turns ;D So I have to proceed with caution. It's a VERY low feeling, cannot see the hood at all, and even with the steering wheel adjusted all the way down, about 1cm of the very bottom of the cluster is cut off in my vision. My elbow rests now pretty much on the e-brake / middle console (so having a XL Mcdonalds proves to be a challenge.) Feels very aggressive in corners, that's probably my favorite part. It makes you REALLY want to put your foot down as you're taking a merge ramp. I really want to see how good that feels in the summer and on summer tires... But I am not sure yet still if these will last. They might be taken out and sold pretty quick to be honest.

My biggest gripe: I'm about 1 inch crooked. No matter what way we tried to adjust the seat brackets, I'm sitting slightly crooked. Now StiLyle said he didn't notice or feel this way at all, so I'm not sure why. It's the exact same setup! We double checked everything and it's all good, so it's confusing. But below is a photo for reference where you can see what I'm talking about.

Bonus pic of my dog being cute

DSC01359 by Spencer, on Flickr

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
Re: Kijho's 2016 Crystal White Pearl WRX ~
« Reply #1093 on: February 25, 2019, 01:04:05 pm »
That is one weird shift knob.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline VTAKLOL

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #1094 on: February 25, 2019, 01:15:28 pm »
Feels very aggressive in corners, that's probably my favorite part. It makes you REALLY want to put your foot down as you're taking a merge ramp.

Yup, I felt the exact same way after I swapped out the stock seats in my JZX100 for Brides. I had really underestimated the difference that seats would make but holy hell, it completely changed the driving experience. You feel 100% more connected to the vehicle and thus have far more confidence pushing it. Made it amazing to drive through the twisties.  >:D

Offline Asstuna

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Ram
« Reply #1095 on: February 25, 2019, 01:35:03 pm »
You mentioned soft seat base bolts... I would have expected them to be a grade harder than normal to resist shear in an accident?

DaDuke99

« Reply #1096 on: February 25, 2019, 02:22:23 pm »
That is one weird shift knob.
+1 what in the holy itshay uckfay is that thing

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Honda CR-V
« Reply #1097 on: February 25, 2019, 02:39:38 pm »

Haha it is made by We Are Likewise, same company that makes the "death dildo" shift knob that I run (actually called the deathgrip).

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #1098 on: February 25, 2019, 02:43:11 pm »
You mentioned soft seat base bolts... I would have expected them to be a grade harder than normal to resist shear in an accident?

I agree. The bolts I took out of my WRX were grade 10.x, black phosphate coated. hardy af.

Unless he means the threads in the hole felt soft, that makes sense.

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #1099 on: February 25, 2019, 02:50:21 pm »
I talked to 10sec and he said it's just a very very fine thread.  Just had some problems with 1 of them going back in (but managed to carefully get it) if I switch back the seats though I might pickup a new bolt from the Calgary bolt supply store.

;D ;D Ive had this knob for over a year haha.. The moment I saw it I wanted it so bad. I really like how it looks and also I like how it feels (my fingers kind of go straight down the cut edges flat against the 'diamond' shape.)

Neil Diamond Shift Knob