Author Topic: Subaru Forester XT  (Read 2675 times)

Offline bigdark

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: MY08 SG9 WRB FSXT
Subaru Forester XT
« on: October 03, 2015, 06:46:11 pm »
Hello everyone,

I’ve been another regular lurker on the forum, and I guess it’s time to formally (or informally) introduce myself. But before I do, I would like to give a big thanks to my friends and family who have put endless hours of help for me on this vehicle. Without their help, I would not be able to learn as much as I have, and also enjoy the vehicle as much as I have. In addition, thanks to fellow members around WSC/NASOIC/forester.org, as your knowledge and expertise have been fantastic.

So, here we go:
My name is Wes, and I’m an owner of a CDM 2008 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 XT, 5MT, in WRB.
I picked up the vehicle on October 3, 2014 and I can’t believe it has been a whole calendar year already. It’s only fitting to make this post on the anniversary.

When I picked up the vehicle, it was bone stock with just over 68,xxx KM’s on the odometer. The previous owner (original) took very, very good care of the car. The vehicle’s condition was superb, with no signs of it seeing winter which resulted in no salt corrosion on the vehicle or on any nuts/bolts. It was driven very infrequently and it literally looked like they only took it out for groceries and back on most days. There were a few door dings, paint scratches, and rock chips, but those are common for a 7 year old vehicle.

About the vehicle
Standard features equipped at time of vehicle pick up from Subaru:
•   2.5L 4 cylinder Turbo with 224hp@5600rpm, 226torque@3600rpm
•   7 speakers including 4 upgraded speakers, 2 tweeters, and a cargo area subwoofer
•   Anthracite Black leather interior with heated front seats
•   Power adjustable driver's seat
•   Huge panoramic moon roof
•   OE HID headlights and in-cabin driver adjustable height adjustment dial
•   Heated windshield wipers and mirrors
•   5 spoke 17" alloy wheels
•   Sport mesh front grill
•   Sport front bumper with no fog lights
•   Rear spoiler
•   Factory Forester roof rack cross bars

As I don’t want to turn this into a “build thread,” please visit link via “On going member projects” for what I have done with the vehicle and photos.
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=49757.0

But for now, here's a photo or two:

Photo by: http://www.andrengphoto.com/

Thanks for your time,
W.

Side tidbit:
From what I know, and from what I’ve read from forester.org, (I may be wrong, so please correct me if I am,) the Forester 2.5 XT Sports model was not made available for the Canadian market. The only turbo-engined Forester model available in Canada was the XT Limited. The differences between the two:

•   2.5 XT Limited Turbo - Full leather power seats, huge panoramic sunroof, 5 spoke 17" alloy wheels
•   2.5 XT Sports Turbo - Different interior and exterior features (cloth seats, no fog lights, etc.), sunroof, 17" 10 spoke alloys, STI-type front under lip spoiler, Aluminum pedal covers, Silver roof rails

So a lot of people ask: “Is this vehicle a XT Limited or a XT Sports?”
IIRC, I think Subaru “officially” calls it a XT Limited in Canada, but it’s basically a Sports XT with leather, heated seats and HID’s.

Offline k_habashi

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2006 STi
Re: Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 07:16:04 pm »
Welcome! Sweet XT. Always wanted an FXT but never found the right one!

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 07:55:26 pm »
Welcome. Very jelly, that's pretty much the ultimate North American fozzy.

Offline Blue_Subie

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2008 Forester XT and 2014 Forester
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:26:12 pm »
Saw your ride @ James' place and seen what you've done with it since I bought your rims off you ;)
Looks great!

Offline Asstuna

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Ram
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 10:11:32 pm »
Great looking ride

Offline KennyB

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05 STi
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 12:11:40 pm »
Best Forester sold in North America for sure, I want one.

Offline jsn

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: STi
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 03:27:31 pm »
Beauty!  This is a Canadian Car?  I didn't know they sold this generation of Xt's in Canada.  The new ones just seem like a bland SUV to me.  Absolutely love this generation of forester XT's.

Offline SpdDmn

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: MY08 SG9 FXT
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 10:08:05 am »
Nice unicorn! :D And to find it bone stock, low km's, you are one lucky SOB... Apparently Edmonton has the entire western population of WRB FXTs.

Can't wait to see your build thread link!

Beauty!  This is a Canadian Car?  I didn't know they sold this generation of Xt's in Canada.  The new ones just seem like a bland SUV to me.  Absolutely love this generation of forester XT's.

Yeah, the Canadian ones all get heated leather seats too. Very few Sports 5MT, and WRB? you could wait YEARS to buy one. So jelly.
The new generation ARE bland appliances. Only automatic.
Rachel M.
2008 WRB Forester XT Sports Ltd  [Build
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
2007 OBP Forester XT [Journal] [RIP]  |  2002 Aspen White WRX  [ST2 167] [RIP]
2006 Kawasaki EX250 [Sold]  |  2007 Honda CBR600 RR [Sold]  |  2015 KTM RC390

Offline jsn

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: STi
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 09:46:42 pm »
I didn't realize they sold the XT sport in Canada.  I'm jelly.  I thought they only sold the normal XT.  I considered getting one of these back when I bought my car but couldn't find a sport.

Offline JohnnyCanuck

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2005 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 09:26:54 am »
soo nice.
Turbo Schmurbo. - Ghandi

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 09:42:27 am »
I was waiting for you to post a build thread. Beautiful FXT.
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Honda CR-V
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 10:08:31 am »
Ah you have the other WRB 08 FXT! My buddy owns the other WRB 08 FXT in the city, we always wondered who drove the other one (yours is better because manual  ;) ). Looks awesome man!

Offline Blue_Subie

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 12:53:21 pm »
Ah you have the other WRB 08 FXT! My buddy owns the other WRB 08 FXT in the city, we always wondered who drove the other one (yours is better because manual  ;) ). Looks awesome man!

You know there's 5 and counting in WRB in the city right?
Your buddy, bigdark, a family friend of ours, some lady I seen about 5 months ago, and well, me ;)

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Honda CR-V
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 01:31:11 pm »
Your buddy, bigdark, a family friend of ours, some lady I seen about 5 months ago, and well, me ;)

Ok.

Offline bigdark

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: MY08 SG9 WRB FSXT
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 11:27:05 pm »
Thanks all for the kind words!

Yeah, the Canadian ones all get heated leather seats too. Very few Sports 5MT, and WRB? you could wait YEARS to buy one. So jelly.
The new generation ARE bland appliances. Only automatic.

^ She's correct on the heated seats. There is a slight difference between the CDM and USDM Forester Sports. I've added a side tidbit to the bottom of the original post for those who are interested.   

My sister has seen your buddy's FXT a few times and every time she does she thinks it's me haha.

I've once seen an older gentleman drive a spoiler-less 07/08 WRB FXT, and once spoke to a lady who has a 08FXT who I think she said she travels to/from Sylvan Lake regularly?   

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2015 Audi S4 6MT
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 02:27:23 pm »
Everything about this is absolutely perfect. I'm curious what something like this would cost, so rare. This is my ultimate winter vehicle, if only I could find one lol.

Offline SpdDmn

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: MY08 SG9 FXT
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 02:37:00 pm »
Everything about this is absolutely perfect. I'm curious what something like this would cost, so rare. This is my ultimate winter vehicle, if only I could find one lol.

A lady in EDM got her 5MT WRB XT priced as an X base model for $9995. I missed it by a few hours. FML.
A guy was offering his 4EAT for $13,500. It was pretty clean, lower km.
A modified one in Regina for $18,000 with ~240,000 km.

US guys have them for $12-26,000 USD depending on mods. Which is totally reasonable in their market, but ruins us at today's exchange. Imagine, spending $36,000 on a decade old lesbo-wagon, and then another few $k to import it here. I'll just take a brand new STi or Focus RS, thanks...
Rachel M.
2008 WRB Forester XT Sports Ltd  [Build
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
2007 OBP Forester XT [Journal] [RIP]  |  2002 Aspen White WRX  [ST2 167] [RIP]
2006 Kawasaki EX250 [Sold]  |  2007 Honda CBR600 RR [Sold]  |  2015 KTM RC390

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2015 Audi S4 6MT
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 01:36:19 pm »
A lady in EDM got her 5MT WRB XT priced as an X base model for $9995. I missed it by a few hours. FML.
A guy was offering his 4EAT for $13,500. It was pretty clean, lower km.
A modified one in Regina for $18,000 with ~240,000 km.

US guys have them for $12-26,000 USD depending on mods. Which is totally reasonable in their market, but ruins us at today's exchange. Imagine, spending $36,000 on a decade old lesbo-wagon, and then another few $k to import it here. I'll just take a brand new STi or Focus RS, thanks...

$10k, what a steal Damn. I figured they'd be somewhere in the mid teens, WRB seems to be quite rare for the Forrester. Don't know why they didn't make more, I'd figure it would be popular

Offline Blue_Subie

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 01:42:41 pm »
I'm yet to see a white FXT Sport... Any color are probably rare in this model but again, I'd see a white one driving around on the streets lol.